Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #1

Winter Storage Questions

We will be traveling in the northeast until October and will be leaving our 5th wheel in storage here. Cold and snowy winters. Should I cover it? It will be left outside. Any advice on preparing it for winter? I will have it winterized by an RV dealer for peace of mind. This is my first time so I want to do it right. Thanks and happy camping to all this summer.
OswegoLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #2

We have always stored ours outside, we live in North Dakota, wash, wax and cover tires and don't park directly in the dirt use pavers under tires unless you're on cement or asphalt.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #3

Don't cover with a vinyl or other ground sheet, will cause condensation in the spring when warms up and mould will result. Cover the air contitioner and tires. Get the tires off the gound bu parkong on a peice of wood etc so not sitting in water.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, winter