Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Gas Mans

Winterize 831FLSS

OK I give up....I found the water pump, filter etc for our trailer and now it's set up so it can be accreess easily (drilled the pin out of the dummy hinge). So here's my question...where / how do I connect the supplied hose to add antifreeze to the system?
Thanks
Gas Mans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

If you have the separate hose and valve for antifreeze, just stick it down in the bottle and cut the pump on.

You probably need to position the valve so that is parallel to the siphon line.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Gas Mans

The hose that came with the trailer is a clear plastic hose. It is completely separate (came in a bag with the wrench to change the water filter). It has a fitting on one end that is the same as the fittings that go on the water pump. Am I supposed to take the water line from the storage tank off the pump and connect this "winterization hose" there? I don't want the anti-freeze to go into the storage tank either...Did I miss something simple here?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #4

There should be a valve on the pump so it swicthes from tank to the hose you have to turn it so it closes off the tank and make sure hose is not too long cause it wont suck it out of bottle if it is
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Gas Mans

Well chevy02, now there is a separate valve / hose kit installed. Picked the kit up from the dealer as there wasn't anything originally installed. They told me to remove the hose running from the fresh water tank to the pump (at the pump inlet) and install the hose and fitting supplied in the stack of manuals that came with the trailer...Kit is a much better idea by my standards. Moved the pump to allow enough room to install the kit and mounted the pump on a 3/8" thick rubber mat. hopefully a much better solution all around!
Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #6

Thats sounds right and the rubber mat is a very good idea remember if the antifreeze does pump out of the bottle your hose may be too long just shorten it a little and it should pump out

Tags
flagstaff