Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #1

09 Signature 8317ss

Picked her up on Friday. I ordered all of the options except the storm windows and the tire pressure monitoring system.

Only issue I have discovered so far is that the factory put in the regular dinette instead of the table and chairs. A set of table and chairs is on order and I will remove the dinette and then put in the table and chairs.

So far we are really happy with our purchase and feel we made the right decision! The storage in this thing is incredible!!

Something new for us is everything that is used outside (most of our stuff) is in the outside compartments! In the old camper we had to haul everything through the camper outside, much nicer now..

Here come the pics (Click on the pics to go to webshots and see more photos):

Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #2

Congrats,

She is beautiful, almost looks just like ours!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #3

Where is your fresh water fill? I though I remembered it being on the side of the trailer. On mine it is on the end wall... I haven't decided if I like it there or not. It will be nicer if we use the dump station to fill the tank, rather than having it on the curb side. It is a mute point when I fill at home, which is most of the time. The only time it will make a difference is when I refill the tank from Aquatainers during a trip. I used to leave them on the tail gate but now I will have to heft them to the back of the trailer. No big deal and I could use the exercise anyway!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbasden View Post
Where is your fresh water fill? I though I remembered it being on the side of the trailer. On mine it is on the end wall... I haven't decided if I like it there or not. It will be nicer if we use the dump station to fill the tank, rather than having it on the curb side. It is a mute point when I fill at home, which is most of the time. The only time it will make a difference is when I refill the tank from Aquatainers during a trip. I used to leave them on the tail gate but now I will have to heft them to the back of the trailer. No big deal and I could use the exercise anyway!
Our freshwater fill is my the water heater side, (Main door side) The city water hook up is towards the rear by the bike door, right by the cable tv/park ant hookup
Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #5

I bought my 2008 8317SS last July. Looks the same except for the graphics which I like better on yours.

Happy Camping!

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #6

Very Nice I bet your nieghbors are jealous. Are you allowed to keep it at your house? I know some neighborhood have ordinances against it I was just wondering Enjoy it you have beautiful trailer
Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 AM   #7

Very nice.
? What are the other panels under the TV? looks like you have a few extra RCA outputs there.
Also looks like they swap the battery and LP tanks around. MY LP tanks are aft of the battery and on one trip the aft bracket snapped. It's beefed up now and has a better weld.
Enjoy the new TT!!!
1973 Airstream Ambassador
Old Town Penobscot 16
gillguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:15 AM   #8

Nice looking TT, I also like the new graphics. I notice that Forest River moved the front stabilizers jacks back up under the camper more, mine are more to the front. Suggestion, look at how they are mounted you will notice that there is a piece of angle iron where they are attached to across the front between the jacks, you may want to find a way to support it in the center. When the jacks are down you will get movement in this area from the angle iron flexing as you move around in your camper. Look at the rear jacks as well they are set up the same way. You may experience some stability problems. I well soon change mine out and install sesser jacks. I think that this is a poor choices in jack selection. I truly have a ROCKingWOOD. Enjoy your new rig and happy camping!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinwood View Post
Our freshwater fill is my the water heater side, (Main door side) The city water hook up is towards the rear by the bike door, right by the cable tv/park ant hookup
That's funny, I wonder why they switched where the fresh water fill is located. I think I will like it in the rear wall most of the time..
Old 04-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
Very Nice I bet your nieghbors are jealous. Are you allowed to keep it at your house? I know some neighborhood have ordinances against it I was just wondering Enjoy it you have beautiful trailer
Nope, no ordinances against it, I talked to the next door neighbor that it would affect and he had no problems. The only issue that I have is that the car sticks out onto the curb by an inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillguy View Post
Very nice.
? What are the other panels under the TV? looks like you have a few extra RCA outputs there.
Also looks like they swap the battery and LP tanks around. MY LP tanks are aft of the battery and on one trip the aft bracket snapped. It's beefed up now and has a better weld.
Enjoy the new TT!!!
Yep, there are a few extra RCA inputs there, one is supposed to be for a satelite receiver and the other for a game system, I think...

I thought it looked weird with the LP tanks up front, but I guess if I ever want a bit more storage, not that I need it, this thing has massive storage, I will put it in.

Also, It looks like I could put in quad 6 volt batteries if I was in to boondocking. (Not at the moment )

Tags
8317ss, rockwood