Old 04-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
'nuff said.

2007 Rockwood 8317ss Reese Dual cam sway, 2002 Ford Excursion XLT V10,Prodigy Brake controller
Married DW 03/15/97 3 kids
Rockinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
I'm on my third Concertone CRAP
So far the third times been a charm, but I've only used it once since I put it in, but I'll keep my fingers crossed every time I turn it on or put a DVD in. At least this one is supposed to be the newest model, hopefully it'll last. If the combo box (AM/FM/DVD) goes out that'll be fine because now I have a flat panel TV instead of the old Concertone monitor, so I could just add a DVD player and be set. Don't really need the AM/FM/Weather thing anyway.
As for my Rockwood I've been pleased but if/when we get a new TT it want be a Rockwood with a Concertone in it.

Bobby (USAF Retired)
2007 Chevy 2500 LBZ Duramax C/C, S/B 4X4
2006 Rockwood 8317SS
1973 Airstream Ambassador
Old Town Penobscot 16
gillguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #13
Just a thought on the concert tone. I just got my 8317ss and was worried the unit ws going to have the same issues I read on here so I spent time checking it out. DVD's were fine, played good no hiss or feedback. Radio and CD's worked well to. XM, I haven't figured out which mode the unit has to be on to play the XM. Then I used the regular TV and PRESTO hum and feedback galore!! I was mad at first but then played around with the TV and found that both the concert tone and the TV control the volume... The TV volume was set too low and caused the hiss in the back gound. As soon as I brought the TV volume up to half way it was fine. So something to check if you find your issues are only with the TV.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #14
1st Trip

My Dealer Sent Me A Replacement Unit-concertone Z600.
I Installed It In About 5 Played Then Went Blank Like The First One.i Then Wiggled The Plug For The Power And It Powered Up Again.then I Hooked The Power Up The Old Unit That I Thought Was Broken And It Powered Up Also. As It Turnes Out There Was Nothing Wrong With The Unit.the Issue Is With The Plug On The Trailer Side.i Also Found An Over Tightened Wire Nut That May Have Contributed To The Waiting For The Dealer To Call Me Back So I Can Fix This As To Not Void Any Warranty.
HOWIE BEDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #15
Had My concertone replaced on our rockwood 8317ss 2008 bought in October of last year. Replaced zx500 w/ zx600. It was replaced because dvd, and b a nd c channels wouldn't work. Now after I ( not the dealer ) hooked up the video cable to concertone, everything works. Now w/ the new unit I have to change channels w/ tv remote then change channels on concertone. Is this normal? (or just a pain...)Also found new unit has a zx550 sticker on the back.
dagoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #16
I Dont Think So But I Will Check And Let You Know Later.
HOWIE BEDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #17
Site Team
My recent replacement also said 600 on the box but the unit
has a 550 sticker on the back.
It's also defective with hiss in all modes, FM CD DVD......
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #18
KyDAn, I don't hear any hissing at all. I did notice that the old unit(ZX500) was very loud w/ the volume set at #1, this unit (zx600) I can set it at 3 or4 and it wouldn't wake the kids at night.
2008 Rockwood 8317SS
1998 Dodge Ram Quad cab 5.9L 2wd
The wife and I, 2 kids(5 and 8), and 2 beagles.
dagoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 AM   #19
Hi all,

I just found this thread while searching for Concertone problems. I have a pretty new Rockwood 2605 (purchased last October). We've used it three times. I noticed that if the trailer is not on shore power, the TV stops working once the battery gets down to half capacity. When I hit the power button, it turns green for about three seconds and the screen goes a dark gray, then goes back to red and the screen is completely off again.

Is this normal? I'm hoping it's not, because it doesn't seem useful to have a TV that doesn't work for boondocking.

- Chris

chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote