Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
1st Year Of Use

We own a 8312SS and have enjoyed every minute of it! We have had some issues with the trailer and would like to know if anyone else has seen these problems.

1. Bearing seal leaks on an axle.

2. Kitchen counter seems to be deformed (pushed up a bit) where sink is attached.

3. Automatic tongue jack from factor (LCI) broke already. We replaced with a bulldog at our expense. LCI said it would be replaced under warranty and then told a dealer that is was normal wear and would not be replaced.

4. Cold air in rear bunk house. (We fixed it by shooting in insulation and caulking in water pump cabinet. The holes cut were larger then pipes and not sealed causing air to come through the outdoor shower and outdoor kitchen)

5. Rockwood decal flaked off front of trailer.

6. Factory missed caulking in some spots. (trailers were on backorder for months so I am sure the factory was rushing)

7. Outdoor kitchen sink connected to black water tank. (bad design if you accidentally hook up your freshwater hose to the black water flush (old trailers fresh water location) or your kids turn on the sink and walk away)

We had a horrific experience with a dealer in our area who took our unit to fix all of the repairs listed. Delivered the trailer to them in February and got it back in Mid May. They fixed nothing (did some caulking with the wrong color) and now I am out of my 1 year warranty period. I did get the 2 year factory warranty. My purchasing dealer (250 miles away) is making sure that everything listed will be covered under the extended warranty. We will make the long drive and drop it of with them this winter. Forest River and the Better Business Bureau were contacted about our local service shop.

Gripes aside we love this trailer and have already created great memory's that will last a life time.

Phil, Michelle, Logan and Wyatt
2006 Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty 5.7 Hemi
2012 Rockwood 8312ss
FarmerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Glad to hear you're still enjoying your trailer despite the issues... That's why we have these things right!:-) just got our 8312 ss in April and have used it 2 times a month since :-)! My only gripe so far is a terrible grinding noise coming from the brakes ??? Gonna start a thread shortly and I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thinking I'm gonna tear into it myself tho after hearing all these dealer horror stories :-)
Norcal8312ss is offline   Reply With Quote