Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #1

Unhappy 2008 Rockwood 8313SS

OK here is the deal, back in july of 2008 I purchased my tt from RV Direct, very bad decision. First of all very piss poor service, the trailer leaked from day one, with no response from RV Direct and broken pipes from their service department ,I made a call to FR. Here comes John Guss warranty manager in Indiana, GREAT GUY THANK YOU JOHN, that being said they replaced the entire front wall of TT, passanger side, and it looked great . We also had a problem with rear wall and thought it was fixed also, but we now have found the rear cargo door has leaked so bad the rear wall is rotted. Going over the entire wall to find leak for the past year the finial outcome is that the door opening is about a quarter inch smaller then door frame not allowing for enough chaulk to seal door properly, piss poor design from factory, can not close up opening that they over cut. Now comes the delam problem from poor quality glue, not sure how Mr Buffet would handle this problem but seems like in 2008 there is alot of glue problems, maybe we need to all get together and find out what legal action we might have to get these recalled for poor glue product. I am not here to try to bash FR but it does not seem like I am the only one here with a glue problem and a bad leaking problem in 2008. I love my trailer but the quality seems to be light and just want what I paid large for, any ideas?
tysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #2

2008 Flagstaff

We purchased our TT new in 2008. When we removed from storage Memorial Day weekend we noticed random bubbles on both sides of the camper and over the slideout. Some of the bubbles run from top-bottom. We took it to the dealership and they inspected the roof, which was sound and they stated the seals were intact. They believed the glue used in the manufacturing process was bad. (side note - we also had an Allstate adjustor look at it and he stated he had never seen one like ours before in the randomness of the bubbles. He also inspected the roof and said the roof was structurally sound and it was a well-maintained unit. He also thought it was a glue issue.) At first correspondence with FR, they stated they could fix it and if our insurance was paying it would be one price and if we were paying they would give us a "discount". After another e-mail, they said we could set up an appointment to bring in the camper for them to look at. This will be a 6-7 hour drive one way for us, not counting fuel costs! At first, FR stated the only way it could delaminate is if we had a water leak and if that was the case they would take pictures and let us decide what we wanted to do. Then they stated if they found no evidence of a water leak they would cover all costs to fix; parts and labor. It is very frustrating to have a camper that is only three years old and to have this type of problem with it.
The Farmers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8313ss