Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #1

2008 Rockwood 8317SS

Hello All,

We have a 2008 8317SS that I think was built on a Monday and a Friday. From day one we have had a number of issues. To make along story short we have had the Concertone system replaced four times, last time was on extended warranty. Converter replaced once, and at the end of out first year, we had to ship it back to the plant to have the two front walls replaced do to a leak and mold found in the walls. Since then we thought all the problems were resolved, but we did notice some delamination in the roof and on the outside. I thought the problems may just be normal, since we live on the east coast with humid weather plus hot and cold temps, but at the beginning of this year it looked much worse. I pushed up in the ceiling in the worst location and could feel the wood crush in from dry rot. I talked to out dealer about it and they told me to take it up with Forest River, but I can not find any information on who or how to contact them.
M&Splus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #2

I have a 2010 that has a rear wall delaminating from the rear running lights down. Everyone I ask says roof leak. I have cleaned and treated that roof every year I think it was poor assembly. I have a date with the factory next month but I need to tow it 14 hours ea way to get it fixed. Anyone else seen this one?? Deb Schacht was handling this for us, she recently left. Her replacement was Robyn May
574-642-8942 or rmay@forrestriverinc.com. She has been very helpful so far. Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	38728  
carbonsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #3

Thanks for the info Carb. I always clean and treat my roof twice a year and do an inspection each time. I could not find any place where water would be getting in, yet it appears it was. I had the entire roof resealed just to be on the safe side. The thing is one of the worst areas inside is at one of the front walls that they replaced and "resealed" when it was sent back to factory. Not very happy and little sick to my stomach thinking about it.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #4

I hear ya, 3 years later and 1/2 way to paid for and we start this.....I sold a 15 year old prowler to avoid this, the owner of my old camper is enjoying my bullet proof old baby while I tow my new one across the country. Kinda makes you wonder.
carbonsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #5

We have an 8318SS, and after the first season (2010) we had to ship our unit back to the factory because the bonding agent used to secure the rear outside wall was found to be defective. This was discovered by the door to the outside storage area on the back wall was leaking. We also found it to be loose or flimsy. They replaced the whole back wall. Since we got it back, we have not had any problems.

Mike
MSAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

Carbonsled, did you get your rig fixed? I had two contacts for FR, the one you gave me and another contact. Sent both of them an email today and the contact's email you provided bounced back. I think FR has a lot of turn over in the customer relations dept. Most probably leave do to stress related illnesses from dealing with frustrated customers. :-)

Tags
8317ss, rockwood