Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #1

Smile 2008 Rockwood Roo 23ss with no video cable run

Does anyone know why this would be and or how I would go about running one from my concertone zx75 to the stand beside the door?

Also does anyone know how I would be able to contact forest river customer service via email, I am having problems with one of my heated matress controllers?
jnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Search and ye shall find. Search the forums, I think the answers are already here, and Welcome
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #3

Do you know what I would search for?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman View Post
Does anyone know why this would be and or how I would go about running one from my concertone zx75 to the stand beside the door?

Also does anyone know how I would be able to contact forest river customer service via email, I am having problems with one of my heated matress controllers?
Is there a video jack already there, but no cable connected?
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #5

No jack and no cable.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Since you just joined, we know you are new, but it would help to have a few more details on your camper. It would also help to know a few more details about what you are trying to do. Appently you have a concertone system, and want to run a video cable where there isn't one. Think long and hard and search concertone. Seem to give nothing but trouble. As for running a cable, through a cabinet or the floor, maybe ceiling, but seldom through a wall. Again would be nice to know what you are trying to accomplish, maybe someone has a different solution.

Lot of great smart people on here, but you have to help us before we can help you.

2008 Work and Play 18LT
Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
... Appently you have a concertone system, and want to run a video cable where there isn't one. Think long and hard and search concertone. Seem to give nothing but trouble. ...
windrider, I understand that there have been many an issue posted here regarding Concertone (along with many other RV Systems) but to slam the unit even when someone is NOT expressing any issues with theirs is really not fair.

We can agree to disagree, but what value does that add to the current conversation?

Would you suggest they swap out their unit even if they are satisfied with it? Should someone get rid of their entire trailer because others in the past have had a problem with it?

The issue raised was how to install a video cable, it which I agree with you that it is easier to help when we have a better understanding of what the questioner has.

And yes, I am working with Concertone as stated in an earlier thread. You will also see I am a realist and understand that "where there is smoke there is fire" but I also am a stickler for facts - just as I see you are!

Have a great day!
(781) 281-9440
Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #8

Well stated Mr. Fields. I believe your intent can be applied to a few other forum members.
Gigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
Owner - RVtronics

Thanks - I have no illusions that everything is perfect, but when we deal with facts and ask all the questions that need to be asked, we will find where the problem and more importantly, the solution lies.
(781) 281-9440
Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Now when did I knock concertone???? Just because I read every post on here??? My statement was "SEEM TO GIVE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE) Never did I knock them or say they were junk. I just typed an opinion I formed by reading all the post about them.

Now you still haven't answered the question, where do you want the video cable????? What door, front/rear? How far is it" I stated through a cabinet, ceiling, floor, and suggested strongly not a through a wall. Now did that answer your question, as you didn't answer mine, What are you trying to accomplish?

I referenced you to the concertone area, not as a slam, but to get you to SEARCH and see if someone else has wanted to run the same cable, or one similar.

All we know from your post is you want to run a video cable from a concertone to "the stand beside the door"... You have a 2008 Rockwood 23ss which those us us that don't have one, can't begin to know what you are talking about.

Sorry, apparently I can't help. Welcome and hang around, maybe someone will help.

2008 Work and Play 18LT
Old 08-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #11
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Now when did I knock concertone???? Just because I read every post on here??? My statement was "SEEM TO GIVE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE) Never did I knock them or say they were junk. I just typed an opinion I formed by reading all the post about them...
Your more complete statement below is clearly negative and MY point was that it was unnecessary in the current discussion for the reasons I stated.

Quote:
... Think long and hard and search concertone. Seem to give nothing but trouble. As for running a cable, through a cabinet or the floor, maybe ceiling, but seldom through a wall. Again would be nice to know what you are trying to accomplish, maybe someone has a different solution.
If fact, beyond knocking the brand, you then went on to suggest some ideas for cable runs as best you could and rightfully so without knowing where they were trying to go and what might be in the way.

Clearly you CAN HELP as evidenced by your many posts and it is APPRECIATED even if you did not "feel the love" in this thread.

I strongly believe in the power of words and their ability to shape opinions and when combined with the facts they can move mountains!
(781) 281-9440
Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #12

I will keep an eye on this thread.

Please, lets not have this forum follow the course of others. We have a very good things going here and I; and others enjoy the time we spend here.

Just a heads up.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss, rockwood