Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
Smile 2009 New owner 8317ss w/questions, caulk and storage

We just purchased a 2009 8317ss @ the Hershey show and will pick it up on Saturday. We'll have it for a week and then head out for a monthly site in the Poconos. We're quite exeited about moving up from a hybrid to the full-size TT where everyone will have their own bed and room to spare.

If you know of any online checklist to use for the PDI I'd love the link.

We took a good look around the unit on the dealer's lot (local to Hershey). I noticed that there is no caulking around the tub. The dealer told us that if they caulk it, the warranty becomes void; he's not had leaking trouble. Speaking of caulk, I did notice that the caulking job around the slide was very sloppy and I'd like that cleaned up. Do you folks have any advice or knowledge to share on this. Not to mention any other items we should ask the dealer to take care of. We are a good 3 hour ride from the dealer, so we want to avoid any return trips for things we could catch now.

Finally, the cabinet storage in this model seems less than in our soon-to-be-old hybrid. I'm wondering where the best locations are to store such items as: towels, kitchen electrics, cleaning items, canned/packaged goods, and larger items like ceral boxes and serving bowls, cookies sheets, etc.

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice and tips,

mobrien207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert
I had trouble with my 2007 8317SS shower leaking. I took it to the dealer and they said they found the problem and fixed it. It still leaked. I ended up caulking all the seams inside the shower and around the door. The leaking has stopped and I have not had a problem for 2 years.

Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
shower caulking

must be a common thing with FR. my 2008 8315SS rockwood had no caulk around the shower and it leaked. ran a small bead of clear silicone around every seam and it stopped the leaking completely.
another glitch i found was the loose fittings on the black tank rinse. 1st time i hooked it up to rinse the tank,water came pouring out of the bottom of the trailer. turns out the fittings on it were not even hand tight. just happy it was a simple fix and not a split line. i guess it pays to give a thorough check of all nuts and bolts and connections before hittin' the road.
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote

8317ss, rockwood