Old 01-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
Gus

I pull it with a 2003 Dodge pickup with a 5.7 liter hemi at 60-67 mph. It does the job although going up and down hills does seem to down shift more than I would like. I need to get some new tires on the pickup soon. The tires I have are 275-75-17 with a load range C, so the back of the truck does not feel too stable at times. I need to get a load range e tire to take make it alittle more stable, but the 17 inch rim makes my choices or tire pretty limited. By the way if you look at the picture with the bed laid down and you can see the edge of the slide, there is no room for bringing in the slide with the bed out, it can be done however the slide rubs the bottom of the bed enough that it will eventually wear though the materil the bed/sofa is covered with. It is a very tight fit.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #12

Gus,
We took out our trailer to get some warranty issues handled this weekend. Anyhow, we are able to fully set up the main bed (put down sofa and unfold mattress) with the slide in and have about 1 inch between the mattress and the wood trim on the slide. The mattress/sofa does not touch the slide at all. Which is good if ever we need to stay in the trailer with the slide in. The service person at the dealership where we bought our unit took a look at the bed (couch) and says that it is obviously too low. So I am hoping that it can be levelled a bit better.
Giselle

Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
Gus

Giselle, Thanks for the answer. I am probably going attempt to remount the our couch. Happy camping.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #14

We brought our trailer in for some warranty work. They agreed the main bed was not very level and they have adjusted it (we'll see how much better it is). I also asked them to look into the electric awning and it's inability to to angle when it gathers too much water. I had heard from another thread on this forum about a fix for this. Low and behold we are getting a new arm that can be manually adjusted to angle the awning to release the water. Dometic is shipping the part free to our service people and the part is free but we may have to pay for our service people to do the labour. We were assurred it wouldn't be much. So if you are worried about your electric awning getting destroyed by water load, check into this.
Giselle
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
...although going up and down hills does seem to down shift more than I would like. I need to get some new tires on the pickup soon. The tires I have are 275-75-17 with a load range C, so the back of the truck does not feel too stable at times. I need to get a load range e tire to take make it alittle more stable, but the 17 inch rim makes my choices or tire pretty limited...
Hey Gus,
there's a 265 70 17 tire out there, in fact its the stock e rated tires for the diesel version of the 2500 ram. Tons of people get rid of these as soon as they get their truck and upgrade to 285, 305, or 315's to fill in the wheel wells and the best part is, you can probably get a used set pretty cheap (400-600/set vs 200/tire new). The michelin highway tire and the bfg rugged trail tire are probably the most common at the lot. You also may have to get the truck computer reprogrammed for the smaller tire (80 bucks), but it just might help the shifting issue too by bringing the ratio down a bit. Just thought i would throw that out. Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Stability, don't automatically blame tires. Have checked the rest of the suspension? Shock bushings, sway bar bushings, shocks. Just replaced my shocks with Rancho RSX, and it feels likt the camper lost 2000 pounds.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #17
Gus

Thanks Joe and Windrider for your opions and suggestions, I will take them into consideration. Gisselle I do not have an electric awning, but thanks for all the information about your unit. It helps to talk to someone with our model unit. I dont think there are a hole bunch of 2501ss's out there. Have a good day everyone I will stay in contact.

Tags
2501, rockwood