Old 05-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #1

2010 Rockwood 2604

I am finding more issues as I go along. If I disconnect shore power, I have no 12volt power. The battery is fully charged, all connections are good. I found a 40 amp circuit breaker at the left side trailer tongue that comes straight from the 12 volt battery, then the power lead goes into the junction box on the trailer tongue. The breaker says 40amp 24 volt. The breaker keeps popping, obviously a short somewhere. Trailer works well on shore power, BUT NOT ON 12VOLT battery. Should the breaker be 24 volt as it says on breaker or 12volt? Also, still can't find out where to manually crank slide out.
Thanks everyone.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
I am finding more issues as I go along. If I disconnect shore power, I have no 12volt power. The battery is fully charged, all connections are good. I found a 40 amp circuit breaker at the left side trailer tongue that comes straight from the 12 volt battery, then the power lead goes into the junction box on the trailer tongue. The breaker says 40amp 24 volt. The breaker keeps popping, obviously a short somewhere. Trailer works well on shore power, BUT NOT ON 12VOLT battery. Should the breaker be 24 volt as it says on breaker or 12volt? Also, still can't find out where to manually crank slide out.
Thanks everyone.
40 amp is 40 amp, 12 or 24volt.

It's possible the breaker is bad. For the cost, pick up a new auto reset breaker, replace it and see what happens. If the new breaker still TRIPS, then you'll know you have a problem down line.

As for the manual slide crank, read my response to your last thread.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #3

Changed the breaker, works fine. Must have been a defective breaker.
Thanks . As for the slide out, I see from your photo, the only thing is the small cover on the under belly does not go all the way to the manual override as the motor assembly is bolted to the cross member. Probably have to make a larger opening in the belly pan so that the opening is larger to expose the side where the override is.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Arn
Arn

You should see a little bulge in the belly enclosure between the rails of your slide. The motor is tucked up in there. If in doubt, lay under the slide & have someone operate it for you. You'll hear the motor & thus be able to locate it.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
As for the slide out, I see from your photo, the only thing is the small cover on the under belly does not go all the way to the manual override as the motor assembly is bolted to the cross member. Probably have to make a larger opening in the belly pan so that the opening is larger to expose the side where the override is.
Go HERE and scroll down to the bottom of the page. ~Al

Tags
2604, rockwood