Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #1

2010 Rockwood 2604 slide out

I have a Lippert slide out, I asked the local dealer where the manual crank handle attaches to if I lose power. I was told that there is a small cover under the belly cover of the trailer near the slide out. I removed the cover and all I see is the 12volt motor, no where to attach the manual crank handle.Is the cover plate on the wrong side of the motor? I may have to cut another opening to see. HELP
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #2

I have a 2010 2304S and took the cover off as well. I don't see a single place to crank the slide IN/OUT. The manual is generic and says to take a small sticker off the crank port or something like that. I already had a fuse blow on the slide. That's why I had the cover off in the first place. It's gotta be there somewhere!
AlWaysSumptin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #3

There is a shaft under the steps (it looks like small t-s) , you can see it and that's where you attach the tool to work the slideout if you lose power or the motor konks out on you. If you have 2 slideouts, the other one is on the other end (ours is at the bedroom end), it's inside what looks like a dark hole.

Both of these are located on the opposite side of the trailer that the slides are on.

We just recently found them and checked them out, works like a champ with that hand crank. We only handcranked just a little ways to see which way to turn the tool..

Our's is a 2010 Windjammer
granny60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #4

Well, I can not find ANYWHERE to crank the slide. Have 3 cranks too. One for the jacks and two for nothing as it looks for now.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #5

Here's my slide motor. I don't have a manual crank pin anywhere. (2010 2304S)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0169.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	2484
Old 05-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #6

The manual crank is not under the underbelly... It's on the opposite side of the trailer that the slideout is. As I said in my post, one is under the steps, plainly visible and the other one is inside a hole on the opposite side that you slide is on. You will have to shine a flashlight into the hole to see it. Hope this helps.

both our slides are on the same side, if you have a slide on each side of your, I would look on the opposite of each slide..
Old 05-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #7

This is to be used as an example.

Your slide motor may not be of this make, but it should help.

Click here .
Scroll down to page 5. See Figure 2 (Manual Override).

Also, scroll down to page 7, see Figure 7, and page 8, Figure 8 & 9.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #8

2604 slideout

We have an 2011 2604. Also we have the opening as the other poster stated, but there is no visible place under either step to insert crank and operate slide by hand. I could be missing it but have been underneath trailer and could come up with no place to insert crank. The previous post shows the manual overide if you have two toggle switches. Ours only has one switch. After looking further at Lippert maunual it seems the units with one toggle have a different manual operation. But I have not been able to see it under my trailer Thanks
Blaze67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #9

The 2000(not the year model, but as in 2604) series don't have the access hole as granny60 stated.

The Windjammer and the 8000 series(as in 8315SS, 8382SS, etc.) are pretty much alike. Some have the manual override access hole opposite of the slide, and some have the manual override at the motor/gearbox.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #10

Here it is . . . . .
Hard to see.

Name:	slide overide.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2494

Should be the same on the OP unit as well.

Nut is recessed into the frame. Would have to use a socket wrench. This is all under a belly cover with 8 screws. Hope I NEVER have a need to use it.

This is a Dexter Chassis Group unit. Manual HERE.

Select "Center Drive Slide Booklet" on bottom drop down box.

I have 3 cranks, one for the jacks and two extra. That's what made me think I had a crank pin somewhere.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #11

I have a 2010 2604SS the manual slide operation is as Alwaysumptin states except I do not have an access panel. I opened the under belly below the slide and found the motor and the place to use a socket to crank the slide open/closed. If I ever have to crank it I will make an access panel. As for cranks, I have 2. One is for the stabilizers and the other is for the electric tongue jack (useless) have a 3/4 socket and a long ratchet handy.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #12

I've had to use my electric tongue jack's crank handle several times myself, because if you happen to run the worm gear setup beyond it's limits, it will thread itself off of the end, and not allow you to reverse it, and you need the crank to repair this manually. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #13

I have three cranks. One may be for the electric awning maybe? Guess I had better look into that next.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #14

Location of manual slideout

I took some photos and hope this will help anyone who is looking for those manual slide out places.

Picture one is of the hole in the side, you will have to shine a flashlight in there to see the post that you put the tool on to turn the slide out. This is for the bedroom slideout and the slide is on the other side of the trailer.

Picture #2 is the steps right at the entrance to the livingroom area.

Picture #3 shows the post that you put the tool on to turn the slide out. It's actually at the backwall of the steps.

This is a 2010 Windjammer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01092.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steps.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	2497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Behind the top step.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	2498  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny60 View Post
I took some photos and hope this will help anyone who is looking for those manual slide out places.

Picture one is of the hole in the side, you will have to shine a flashlight in there to see the post that you put the tool on to turn the slide out. This is for the bedroom slideout and the slide is on the other side of the trailer.

Picture #2 is the steps right at the entrance to the livingroom area.

Picture #3 shows the post that you put the tool on to turn the slide out. It's actually at the backwall of the steps.

This is a 2010 Windjammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
The 2000(not the year model, but as in 2604) series don't have the access hole as granny60 stated.

The Windjammer and the 8000 series(as in 8315SS, 8382SS, etc.) are pretty much alike. Some have the manual override access hole opposite of the slide, and some have the manual override at the motor/gearbox.
This all depends on the slide manufacturer.

Tags
2604, rockwood