Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #1

Question 2010 Rockwood 8265WS

Greetings from Canada,

We are thinking of purchasing a 2010 Rockwood 8265WS 5th wheel. Anyone has any experience or comments? We like the floor plan of this one with the 3 slides.

We have a big trip planned for next year to go across Canada (and back). There for we are looking for a unit that is preferably under 30 ft, light and is easy to get in and out of smaller campgrounds.

Any suggestions or comments,

Cheers, Anders

PS. Tow vehicle is a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.7 Cummins.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:12 AM   #2

At least you have a vehicle that can handle your intended purchase, good luck and welcome to the forum
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #3

We have an 8265s ordered, will be ready in May. We also loved the floor plan however we chose the s over the ws model so we could have a larger awning outside. It had to be a manual awning intead of power but I'll take more shade over convenience anyday. To us the extra shirt ward by the bed and the regular closet seemed to equal the size of the wardrobe slide. My wife thought that the kitchen storage was a little small especially under the sink area because they stuck the water heater and water pump under there. So because we never used the oven in our last two trailers, we ordered this one without the oven. They will put 2 cabinet doors on instead to give us another cupboard. I have read from other posters on here that they preferred the minimum carpet option as the carpet in the trailer does not hold up to constant traffic.
Where in Canada are you from and are you buying locally or taking advantage of the strong dollar?

andes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
At least you have a vehicle that can handle your intended purchase, good luck and welcome to the forum
Thank you, looking forward to some good insights.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andes2 View Post
We have an 8265s ordered, will be ready in May. We also loved the floor plan however we chose the s over the ws model so we could have a larger awning outside. It had to be a manual awning intead of power but I'll take more shade over convenience anyday. To us the extra shirt ward by the bed and the regular closet seemed to equal the size of the wardrobe slide. My wife thought that the kitchen storage was a little small especially under the sink area because they stuck the water heater and water pump under there. So because we never used the oven in our last two trailers, we ordered this one without the oven. They will put 2 cabinet doors on instead to give us another cupboard. I have read from other posters on here that they preferred the minimum carpet option as the carpet in the trailer does not hold up to constant traffic.
Where in Canada are you from and are you buying locally or taking advantage of the strong dollar?

Thank you for that info, some very valid points. We Live In Victoria, BC and on Cortes Island, BC . We will order a unit in June, and dont not need it till mid September. We have been negotiating with a local dealer just outside Vancouver and they are getting pretty close to the prices in the USA. They told us that by June it will be a 2011 model as well... Nothing final yet. Did you go south for yours? I see you live in Regina, I use to live in North Battleford years ago..... still have relations there. Again thanks for the insight.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #6

yes we ordered one from Minnesota, local dealer couldn't come anywhere close to their price. We will have to drive about 11 hours to pick it up, but we have never been down there so we are looking forward to seeing some new country.

Since you are in BC, awning shade may not be as big a deal for you. Here in the flatlands we have some parks where the trees are sparse in some sites or they are not big enough to provide any shade. It's much better when we travel up North though.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #7

I hear you regarding the awning, will discuss with my wife and see. I know she was quite taken with the ws model.

Do you mind sharing your dealer's contact info in Minnesota? Maybe we can get a quote from them as well. I certainly don't mind the drive.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #8

Good luck and hope you both enjoy your new trailers!! Here in Florida....for me...the bigger the awning.....the better!!

Second trip out is next weekend...............man, I can't wait !!
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #9

Thanks, yea the truck is great, can hardly wait to put a load to it.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #10

Anders: I would gladly give you my dealers contact info, but I will wait until I talk to my co worker. He just returned from there with his new trailer and in a brief email he said things did not go as smooth as he planned. Not sure what that meant. I will meet with him this weekend and find out what happened then get back to you, if that's all right?

I'll PM you with the info and the price I was quoted locally and from the US dealer, you may find that prices in BC are higher but that would mostly be due to the delivery charge. It's along way from Elkhardt Indiana to the west coast.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andes2 View Post
Anders: I would gladly give you my dealers contact info, but I will wait until I talk to my co worker. He just returned from there with his new trailer and in a brief email he said things did not go as smooth as he planned. Not sure what that meant. I will meet with him this weekend and find out what happened then get back to you, if that's all right?

I'll PM you with the info and the price I was quoted locally and from the US dealer, you may find that prices in BC are higher but that would mostly be due to the delivery charge. It's along way from Elkhardt Indiana to the west coast.
Thanks that sounds great, have a great weekend. I think I will drop some crab traps this weekend, looks like the weather will stay nice.

Cheers, Anders

Tags
5th wheel, light, rockwood

« Solar | New Camper »