Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46
We pick up our 2011 Rockwood 2604 on Thursday. This is our first TT and we are really excited about getting the TT home and then out for our first shake down camp. The dealer has me scheduled for about two hours to go through the TT and I was wondering if there were any specific questions I should ask besides the obvious ones, such as how to turn things on and off., etc... I have looked through the forum and have found a few news ones already like the manual crank point for the slide. Anything else would be great. Thanks,
I would suggest that someone video tape the 2 hour session while he talks about all the stuff. Being your first TT is will be overwelming but this way you can at least go back and see what he said and did.
Some things I would want you to have him show you and operate.
1.Run all slides fully in and out on AC and battery
Make sure the slides don't mark up the carpet/floor or bind going in and out. I have read that the fuses may blow on the slides if you don't release as soon as it is all the way in or out. This shouldn't happen normally.
2. Make sure you understand the dump valves below the trailer as they are not maked. Some trailers have 4 different valves.
3. I would also want him to show you how to purge the water system when filling the hotwater heater. If the air is not purged it will cause a air bubble in the tank and could effect the electric use and possible damage the element.
Have him show you how to swtich hot water heaater between gas and electric.
4. Have hime tell and show you how to jack up the trailer and level it properly. You need this so your refrigerator will work on gas better.
5. Proper tire pressure and checking lugs on initial trip
6. Propane gas tank changeover valve usage
7. Make sure you have all warentee documentation on all appliances for registration purposes.
8. I have been told that Forest River offers a second year warentee for only $100. This is a great deal if you can get it.
9. Make sure you have them put water in the tank so you can check all the lines for water leaks after turning on the electric water pump. Sinks, shower, toilet and under belly.
10. Have hime show you the proper way to open and close your awning.
That's about all I can think of that is really important at the moment.
I'm sure other will add their thoughts.