Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

2011 rockwood 2604 delivery questions

Hello All,

We pick up our 2011 Rockwood 2604 on Thursday. This is our first TT and we are really excited about getting the TT home and then out for our first shake down camp. The dealer has me scheduled for about two hours to go through the TT and I was wondering if there were any specific questions I should ask besides the obvious ones, such as how to turn things on and off., etc... I have looked through the forum and have found a few news ones already like the manual crank point for the slide. Anything else would be great. Thanks,

George
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46 View Post
Hello All,

We pick up our 2011 Rockwood 2604 on Thursday. This is our first TT and we are really excited about getting the TT home and then out for our first shake down camp. The dealer has me scheduled for about two hours to go through the TT and I was wondering if there were any specific questions I should ask besides the obvious ones, such as how to turn things on and off., etc... I have looked through the forum and have found a few news ones already like the manual crank point for the slide. Anything else would be great. Thanks,

George
I would suggest that someone video tape the 2 hour session while he talks about all the stuff. Being your first TT is will be overwelming but this way you can at least go back and see what he said and did.

Some things I would want you to have him show you and operate.

1.Run all slides fully in and out on AC and battery
Make sure the slides don't mark up the carpet/floor or bind going in and out. I have read that the fuses may blow on the slides if you don't release as soon as it is all the way in or out. This shouldn't happen normally.

2. Make sure you understand the dump valves below the trailer as they are not maked. Some trailers have 4 different valves.

3. I would also want him to show you how to purge the water system when filling the hotwater heater. If the air is not purged it will cause a air bubble in the tank and could effect the electric use and possible damage the element.
Have him show you how to swtich hot water heaater between gas and electric.

4. Have hime tell and show you how to jack up the trailer and level it properly. You need this so your refrigerator will work on gas better.

5. Proper tire pressure and checking lugs on initial trip

6. Propane gas tank changeover valve usage

7. Make sure you have all warentee documentation on all appliances for registration purposes.

8. I have been told that Forest River offers a second year warentee for only $100. This is a great deal if you can get it.

9. Make sure you have them put water in the tank so you can check all the lines for water leaks after turning on the electric water pump. Sinks, shower, toilet and under belly.

10. Have hime show you the proper way to open and close your awning.

That's about all I can think of that is really important at the moment.
I'm sure other will add their thoughts.
Good luck.
Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #3

Thanks

Iggy,
Thanks for information. The video is a great idea. I had not thought about that and I can think back on other things I have done and wished I had a picture or video to remind me how to do it. With all the systems and things to remember, the video will be a great resource. Thanks, George
Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #4

TV in Entertanment Console -- Replacing it.

I would like to move the TV that is in the living area to the bedroom and replace it with a bigger TV. Do I have to get a TV that is specifically designed for a TT? Hook up looks pretty easy. Do I have to worry about affecting the warranty? Thanks, George
Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #5

Put money down to hold 2011 2604SS

Really like the trailer and layout. Have been reading the forums since we got back from the dealer to make sure we don't want to change our mind. Looks like there are quite a few issues with water leaks? Especially when filling the FW tanks? Should there be anything else I should really look at during the walkthru that is more specific to these trailers??

Thanks
Greg
spawnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #6

Greg,
So far, we have had to deal with minor issues with our 2604. We really like it. It has everything we need and is comfortable for the wife and I and our two pups. The water leaks were more a result of assembly vice defect. All mine were at the connectors, so I had the dealer check all of them then I did it myself. My advice would be to look at the list provided to me in this thread and build a checklist that includes issues you have picked up in the forum, ask lots of questions, check and recheck until you are satisfied. Do a good walk thru at the dealer. Make them show you everything. Go up on top and look at things up there before leaving the dealership. Take pictures or as recommended to me....video tape. Open cabinets....even the ones that are screwed shut. Then when you get'error home, do it again. That is what I did and so far we have been happy and use this forum....it is great. Congrats on the 2604 and enjoy it. Later,

PS: Check the sky light on top for warping and cracked caulking.
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #7

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will do all of them for sure.
Greg
Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #8

Greg,

You are welcome. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new TT. Best of luck.
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
Infractee

I think that is an excellent Idea, Iggy!! Then you can burn it to DVD and play it in the DVD player in the TT while you are trying to remember what it was that one switch did... Just keep a copy somehwere in there, maybe with the owners manuals in a ziploc bag.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #10

Check on here for the PDI checklist (pre delivery inspection) and print it out and take it with you it will help you remember what to look for Congrats on your new camper it is a very exciting time
Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #11

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I've done the video thing before. May do it again on this one as this one has a lot more options on it then I'm used to. like power tongue jack and power stabilizers.

Just waiting to be approved. Got one approval but checking a couple of other sources for the best rate and least down. If all goes well we should be able to pick her up on the 16th.

thanks
Greg
Old 10-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #12

Well we got approved. Will be picking the new trailer up this saturday. Very excited as this will be the best trailer we've owned. Hoping to be able to get out on a few trips before the weather gets too cold.

Thanks again for all the help
Greg
Old 10-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #13

We purchased a 2011 2604 and just got back from our first trip with the trailer. Loved it. On the way home we dropped it off at the dealership for a few minor problems. One of the problems was the screws on the hyd. door opener to the living area had ripped out. Also the dealership had repaired another 2604 for the same issue. Forest River suggested the dealership drill holes through the door and use bolts and nuts to hold the door opener to the door. Just something to watch for to limit the damage it could cause.
float82298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #14

George, this might help? Have fun.

http://www.klenger.net/RV_General/Ge...PDI_V113_2.pdf
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #15

Float,
I had read about some problems with the hydralic hinge on the door. I had a problem with my awning rubbing the hinge, which required the dealer to work on the hinge, so I am probably good for a while; however, I check it often.
We love our 2604. We are trying to stretch our camping season out as far as we can this year. Barring ant bad weather, we plan to use it through November. I love camping in the Fall. Enjoy your TT.
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
Old 10-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #16

Well we got the new trailer on Saturday and the PDI couldn't have gone better. I think it really helped to send a copy of the PDI I was going to use to the dealer. I walked into the trailer and they already had water sitting in the sinks so I could check for leaks. (found none )

So far it's very nice. Hoping to go on the first trip this weekend, will leave Wednesday after work and head to Moab for 4 days.

Took the door off between the bedroom and the bathroom, too many doors in a small place. Also had to sink some screws into the door jams to hold the molding in better. Figured that would be what the dealer would have done and since I had some figured I would do it myself.

A little disappointed with the DVD player. I got the 26" Toshiba TV which is very nice but the radio/CD/DVD player only puts out 480i!! Not sure who the manufacturer is, in the manuals it only states the model which is FXxxx Can't remember right now. Would have been nice if there was an HDMI out from the player into the TV.
OTA signals look great.

Greg
Old 10-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #17

Greg,
Congrats on a successful delivery. I did not remove the extra door, but switched the Dior opening into the living room so that it opens into the head. Wife likes both doors. I also removed the TV table from the bedroom and mounted it on the side of the counter above the drawers to get more countertop. It folds down over the second drawer. I removed the top access, which did not do much, cut a piece of paneling from the divider in the storage compartment to cover the hole on the backside. Looks like it came from the factory. Not sure what I am going to do in the bedroom to cover the holes yet. I will ponder that over some beer this weekend while we are camping. Good luck with your TT.
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
Old 10-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #18

Spawnman, you have a Concertone entertainment system (many posts on this forum-mostly bad) I agree that 480I is terrible. I hooked up a blu-ray player with HDMI.
We have our 2604 on a seasonal site since April- only problem so far- the air mattress leaked. Dealer gave us a new one in less than a week. We love this trailer!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #19

Have the dealer show you the manual override procedures for the power awning, power tongue jack, and slides. If your'e someplace camping and trying to pack up to leave, and one of those systemsa does not work, you'll need to know what to do! Alao, have them show you the MANY hidden fuses on almost every appliance, including the slides, the AC, the fridge, and the heater- if they know where they are- (doubtful). Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Have the dealer show you the manual override procedures for the power awning, power tongue jack, and slides. If your'e someplace camping and trying to pack up to leave, and one of those systemsa does not work, you'll need to know what to do! Alao, have them show you the MANY hidden fuses on almost every appliance, including the slides, the AC, the fridge, and the heater- if they know where they are- (doubtful). Randy

Excellent idea!
And how about we start a sticky with a general and possibly model specific data base with all that info, especially the manual over rides.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2604, rockwood