Originally Posted by toshu
I am planning on buying/ordering a Rockwood 2604 in the week after finally nailing down that model with my wife.
In looking at the options, I have some questions for you owners.
1. is the 13.5 K BTU AC enough to handle this box, even down south, or in New Mexico?? or do I get the 15K BTU??? I do not mind spending the extra dollars to be comfortable, since my wife will spend 10 hrs a day working in the trailer
2. has anyone gotten the outside grill and table with the 2604 and how do you like it?? I assume the gas hookup is in a panel in the sidewall, or is it underneath??
3. anyone know the difference between the "Surround Sound" option and the "Theater surround sound" option???
4. how about the "1/2 sliding storage tray"...I assume that this is in the pass thru storage.....is this worth it or a waste for this space??
5. finally, my wife wants the dinette, for the extra storage in this small trailer, while I want the stand alone table in chairs for the flexibility and comfort.....I would like to hear what positives and negatives you have on your set up???
1. I purchased the 15K BTU AC in ours and I would recommend spending the money to get it in yours. The cost and weight are insignificant and you won't be disappointed.
2. The grill is nothing great but it is adequate. It has a rail mount and as you said, a gas hookup is in in the sidewall and easily accessable
3. I have not personnally seen or heard the Theater Soound system you referenced. Mine has a multi-zone speaker system driven by Concertone that allows selection in main lounge, bedroom or outside. No matter where you sit or stand, it sounds like a low grade, tinny system.
4. I looked at a unit with the "1/2 sliding storage tray" and I think it is a waste of space and money. You will need all the storage you can find.
5. Ours is equipped with the dinette and the extra storage is always a plus. I would also recommend ordering the slide awning. Don't buy the storm windows unless you see them first hand before you do - They are a waste of money!
Best of Luck!