Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #1

2011 Rockwood 2604 UL options

I am planning on buying/ordering a Rockwood 2604 in the week after finally nailing down that model with my wife.

In looking at the options, I have some questions for you owners.

1. is the 13.5 K BTU AC enough to handle this box, even down south, or in New Mexico?? or do I get the 15K BTU??? I do not mind spending the extra dollars to be comfortable, since my wife will spend 10 hrs a day working in the trailer

2. has anyone gotten the outside grill and table with the 2604 and how do you like it?? I assume the gas hookup is in a panel in the sidewall, or is it underneath??

3. anyone know the difference between the "Surround Sound" option and the "Theater surround sound" option???

4. how about the "1/2 sliding storage tray"...I assume that this is in the pass thru storage.....is this worth it or a waste for this space??

5. finally, my wife wants the dinette, for the extra storage in this small trailer, while I want the stand alone table in chairs for the flexibility and comfort.....I would like to hear what positives and negatives you have on your set up???

Thanks
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #2

1. We have the 13.5 K BTU here in Illinois. Had extremely hot, humid summer last year. The unit worked fine.
2. outside grill game with ours- used it once. Not great. We use a Coleman Roadtrip with pot & pan rings for cooking & a Weber charcoal grill for grilling.
3. Sound is the same as far as I know. Does sound good.
4. Didn't get the sliding tray.
5 Have the dinette- grandsons sleep on it.

I would recommend the rear ladder
Old 03-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2604SS View Post
1. We have the 13.5 K BTU here in Illinois. Had extremely hot, humid summer last year. The unit worked fine.
2. outside grill game with ours- used it once. Not great. We use a Coleman Roadtrip with pot & pan rings for cooking & a Weber charcoal grill for grilling.
3. Sound is the same as far as I know. Does sound good.
4. Didn't get the sliding tray.
5 Have the dinette- grandsons sleep on it.

I would recommend the rear ladder

Jimmy, thanks for the thoughts and feedback.

Ladder is a definite, as is the Convinience package and heated tanks, counter top extension, slide awning and power jack.

the items I listed were options I was unsure about
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #4

We have the convenience package. 26" Toshiba TV- I bought a blu-ray player from home. The Concertone will play DVDs but they don't look good. We are on a seasonal site near the Mississippi River in NW Illinois.
What model are you buying?
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
We have the convenience package. 26" Toshiba TV- I bought a blu-ray player from home. The Concertone will play DVDs but they don't look good. We are on a seasonal site near the Mississippi River in NW Illinois.
Please explain how your Concertone video looks (as in so I understand why it does not look good).

Thanks
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #6

Quote:

The 2604, a new 2011 model.

I think the new ones have a Jensen system with a Toshiba TV
Old 03-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #7

Bob, since most new trailers come with HD TVs, the composite
output on the Concertone is outdated.
Concertone should come with a progressive scan DVD player with component or HDMI output.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Owner - RVtronics

I had previously announced that the new version will indeed be coming with an HDMI output. This will make us the ONLY 12Volt Wall Mounted System with it. If you have a smartphone, you will also love our new Bluetooth capabilities for streaming audio (your mp3s or Internet radio) and hands-free calling!

We will have an upgrade program (similar to our service plan) for existing customers who are interested.

I will certainly announce the arrival of these new models as soon as they are available.
(781) 281-9440
Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #9

Thanks for the quick reply. I may be interested in that.
For the time being my blu-ray player is a great way to go.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields
I had previously announced that the new version will indeed be coming with an HDMI output. This will make us the ONLY 12Volt Wall Mounted System with it. If you have a smartphone, you will also love our new Bluetooth capabilities for streaming audio (your mp3s or Internet radio) and hands-free calling!

We will have an upgrade program (similar to our service plan) for existing customers who are interested.

I will certainly announce the arrival of these new models as soon as they are available.
Bob
May I ask who you represent? ??
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
I am planning on buying/ordering a Rockwood 2604 in the week after finally nailing down that model with my wife.

In looking at the options, I have some questions for you owners.

1. is the 13.5 K BTU AC enough to handle this box, even down south, or in New Mexico?? or do I get the 15K BTU??? I do not mind spending the extra dollars to be comfortable, since my wife will spend 10 hrs a day working in the trailer

2. has anyone gotten the outside grill and table with the 2604 and how do you like it?? I assume the gas hookup is in a panel in the sidewall, or is it underneath??

3. anyone know the difference between the "Surround Sound" option and the "Theater surround sound" option???

4. how about the "1/2 sliding storage tray"...I assume that this is in the pass thru storage.....is this worth it or a waste for this space??

5. finally, my wife wants the dinette, for the extra storage in this small trailer, while I want the stand alone table in chairs for the flexibility and comfort.....I would like to hear what positives and negatives you have on your set up???

Thanks
Hi,

1. I purchased the 15K BTU AC in ours and I would recommend spending the money to get it in yours. The cost and weight are insignificant and you won't be disappointed.

2. The grill is nothing great but it is adequate. It has a rail mount and as you said, a gas hookup is in in the sidewall and easily accessable

3. I have not personnally seen or heard the Theater Soound system you referenced. Mine has a multi-zone speaker system driven by Concertone that allows selection in main lounge, bedroom or outside. No matter where you sit or stand, it sounds like a low grade, tinny system.

4. I looked at a unit with the "1/2 sliding storage tray" and I think it is a waste of space and money. You will need all the storage you can find.

5. Ours is equipped with the dinette and the extra storage is always a plus. I would also recommend ordering the slide awning. Don't buy the storm windows unless you see them first hand before you do - They are a waste of money!

Best of Luck!
RIRED56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIRED56 View Post

3. I have not personnally seen or heard the Theater Soound system you referenced. Mine has a multi-zone speaker system driven by Concertone that allows selection in main lounge, bedroom or outside. No matter where you sit or stand, it sounds like a low grade, tinny system.
1. Have you tried adjusting the bass and treble?
2. I would suggest checking ALL the speaker wiring both behind the radio and at the speakers. If the + is not too + and it is mismatched between speakers you will have a condition knows as "out of phase" and this will CANCEL all your bass note thereby sounding "tinny".
(781) 281-9440
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
Bob
May I ask who you represent? ??
Back at you, who do you represent?

I work at Concertone and if you search these forums you will find much information about me, my move to Elkhart for Concertone and much more. If you prefer, please call my number below and I am happy to speak with you!
(781) 281-9440
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Back at you, who do you represent?
I represent me, myself and I....and my wife and dog

is Concertone still used by Rockwood or did they switch this year to jensen????
Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #15
Owner - RVtronics

Since I work for Concertone I cannot speak for Rockwood.

Is there a question I can help you with?
(781) 281-9440
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Since I work for Concertone I cannot speak for Rockwood.

Is there a question I can help you with?
not right now, but if i get a Rockwood with a Concertone, I will keep you in mind
Old 03-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #17

Spend the extra $ and get the 15K air unit. It doesn't run as long and is much easier to keep up when it's real hot. Besides it's always a good selling point. (resale) I use my outside grill all the time. Good Luck!
Bad Habit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #18

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestion!!!

Saturday we are going to check out a 2011 "used" camper that hasenough of the options that make sense for us at a great price. If all goes well, we will have it home in about 2 weeks.

Tags