Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to toshu
2011 Rockwood 2604 UL options

I am planning on buying/ordering a Rockwood 2604 in the week after finally nailing down that model with my wife.

In looking at the options, I have some questions for you owners.

1. is the 13.5 K BTU AC enough to handle this box, even down south, or in New Mexico?? or do I get the 15K BTU??? I do not mind spending the extra dollars to be comfortable, since my wife will spend 10 hrs a day working in the trailer

2. has anyone gotten the outside grill and table with the 2604 and how do you like it?? I assume the gas hookup is in a panel in the sidewall, or is it underneath??

3. anyone know the difference between the "Surround Sound" option and the "Theater surround sound" option???

4. how about the "1/2 sliding storage tray"...I assume that this is in the pass thru storage.....is this worth it or a waste for this space??

5. finally, my wife wants the dinette, for the extra storage in this small trailer, while I want the stand alone table in chairs for the flexibility and comfort.....I would like to hear what positives and negatives you have on your set up???

Thanks
__________________

__________________
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Arlington Hts IL
Posts: 20
1. We have the 13.5 K BTU here in Illinois. Had extremely hot, humid summer last year. The unit worked fine.
2. outside grill game with ours- used it once. Not great. We use a Coleman Roadtrip with pot & pan rings for cooking & a Weber charcoal grill for grilling.
3. Sound is the same as far as I know. Does sound good.
4. Didn't get the sliding tray.
5 Have the dinette- grandsons sleep on it.

I would recommend the rear ladder
__________________

__________________
2011 Rockwood 2604SS
2007 Ford F-150 5.4L
Jimmy2604SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to toshu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2604SS View Post
1. We have the 13.5 K BTU here in Illinois. Had extremely hot, humid summer last year. The unit worked fine.
2. outside grill game with ours- used it once. Not great. We use a Coleman Roadtrip with pot & pan rings for cooking & a Weber charcoal grill for grilling.
3. Sound is the same as far as I know. Does sound good.
4. Didn't get the sliding tray.
5 Have the dinette- grandsons sleep on it.

I would recommend the rear ladder

Jimmy, thanks for the thoughts and feedback.

Ladder is a definite, as is the Convinience package and heated tanks, counter top extension, slide awning and power jack.

the items I listed were options I was unsure about
__________________
-2009 Ford F-150, SuperCab w 8 ft bed
5.4L Screw, 3.73 rear, 8200 GVWR
-2011 Rockwood 2604, 2x6V Interstate U2200 batteries,Yamaha 2400 genny
-2011-23 nights
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Arlington Hts IL
Posts: 20
We have the convenience package. 26" Toshiba TV- I bought a blu-ray player from home. The Concertone will play DVDs but they don't look good. We are on a seasonal site near the Mississippi River in NW Illinois.
What model are you buying?
__________________
2011 Rockwood 2604SS
2007 Ford F-150 5.4L
Jimmy2604SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2604SS View Post
We have the convenience package. 26" Toshiba TV- I bought a blu-ray player from home. The Concertone will play DVDs but they don't look good. We are on a seasonal site near the Mississippi River in NW Illinois.
What model are you buying?
Please explain how your Concertone video looks (as in so I understand why it does not look good).

Thanks
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to toshu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2604SS View Post
We have the convenience package. 26" Toshiba TV- I bought a blu-ray player from home. The Concertone will play DVDs but they don't look good. We are on a seasonal site near the Mississippi River in NW Illinois.
What model are you buying?

The 2604, a new 2011 model.

I think the new ones have a Jensen system with a Toshiba TV
__________________
-2009 Ford F-150, SuperCab w 8 ft bed
5.4L Screw, 3.73 rear, 8200 GVWR
-2011 Rockwood 2604, 2x6V Interstate U2200 batteries,Yamaha 2400 genny
-2011-23 nights
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Arlington Hts IL
Posts: 20
Bob, since most new trailers come with HD TVs, the composite
output on the Concertone is outdated.
Concertone should come with a progressive scan DVD player with component or HDMI output.
__________________
2011 Rockwood 2604SS
2007 Ford F-150 5.4L
Jimmy2604SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I had previously announced that the new version will indeed be coming with an HDMI output. This will make us the ONLY 12Volt Wall Mounted System with it. If you have a smartphone, you will also love our new Bluetooth capabilities for streaming audio (your mp3s or Internet radio) and hands-free calling!

We will have an upgrade program (similar to our service plan) for existing customers who are interested.

I will certainly announce the arrival of these new models as soon as they are available.
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Arlington Hts IL
Posts: 20
Thanks for the quick reply. I may be interested in that.
For the time being my blu-ray player is a great way to go.
__________________
2011 Rockwood 2604SS
2007 Ford F-150 5.4L
Jimmy2604SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to toshu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields
I had previously announced that the new version will indeed be coming with an HDMI output. This will make us the ONLY 12Volt Wall Mounted System with it. If you have a smartphone, you will also love our new Bluetooth capabilities for streaming audio (your mp3s or Internet radio) and hands-free calling!

We will have an upgrade program (similar to our service plan) for existing customers who are interested.

I will certainly announce the arrival of these new models as soon as they are available.
Bob
May I ask who you represent? ??
__________________

__________________
-2009 Ford F-150, SuperCab w 8 ft bed
5.4L Screw, 3.73 rear, 8200 GVWR
-2011 Rockwood 2604, 2x6V Interstate U2200 batteries,Yamaha 2400 genny
-2011-23 nights
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2604

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.