Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Danimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsquarepants View Post
All has been fine (knock on wood ), mind you only spent about 10 nights in it this year, and towed it about 1500 miles. I have done a few mods here and there, check out my pictures they are all posted there. On the roof I used Eternabond tape to cover the caulking they use, more to prevent a problem from happening and to lessen the time i have to spend on the roof every year. I changed the tires from the Duros to Maxxis and went up a load rating size for piece of mind.
how can i view you pictures ?
__________________

__________________
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
how can i view you pictures ?
nothing that amazing compared to some of the mods on this forum...just a few little things... here is the link 2010 Rockwood 8281SS Mods - My Photo Gallery
__________________

__________________


2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
f150k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 180
Before you buy Outdoor Adventures membership check out this site

Outdoor Adventures Complaints - Outdoors Adventures is a scam!
__________________
f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Danimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsquarepants View Post
nothing that amazing compared to some of the mods on this forum...just a few little things... here is the link 2010 Rockwood 8281SS Mods - My Photo Gallery
dont sell your self short, those are all great ideas, i am going to do the steps on mine also, did you use 2 sided tape ?

i also like the pressure regulator and gauge set, i should do something like that as well

thanks
__________________
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Danimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by f150k View Post
Before you buy Outdoor Adventures membership check out this site

Outdoor Adventures Complaints - Outdoors Adventures is a scam!

that place is to rich for my blood, besides i like camping up north in the woods better then busy places like that
but thanks for the advice
__________________
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
dont sell your self short, those are all great ideas, i am going to do the steps on mine also, did you use 2 sided tape ?

i also like the pressure regulator and gauge set, i should do something like that as well

thanks
its just rubberbacked carpet from walmart, used for an entrance mat. Reason for it was I have a couple of dogs that I didnt want scratching up the wood steps. I thought I would see how it goes before i went to any trouble of sticking it down... seems to be fine and not move around without any tape.
__________________


2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Danimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsquarepants View Post
All has been fine (knock on wood ), mind you only spent about 10 nights in it this year, and towed it about 1500 miles. I have done a few mods here and there, check out my pictures they are all posted there. On the roof I used Eternabond tape to cover the caulking they use, more to prevent a problem from happening and to lessen the time i have to spend on the roof every year. I changed the tires from the Duros to Maxxis and went up a load rating size for piece of mind.
by putting the Eternabond tape on you roof will this void out any warranty on the roof
__________________


2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
i picked up our 2011 Rockwood 8281SS on Dec. 3 and i cant wait to take it out, may be a few month (its winter here in Mich.) and no time off of work for a while

Have you heard about the 1st Forest River Rally to Branson MO.?
May 1-4, 2011
Here is the link to message area.
LINK TO FOREST RIVER RALLY
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Danimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Have you heard about the 1st Forest River Rally to Branson MO.?
May 1-4, 2011
Here is the link to message area.
LINK TO FOREST RIVER RALLY

yes and it sounds like fun, but i have not towed this camper yet ( other then bringing it home ) and thats a long way from home for one of our first trips,
maybe on the next one
thanks for info

dan
__________________

__________________


2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rockwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.