Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #1

2011 Rockwood 8281SS

i picked up our 2011 Rockwood 8281SS on Dec. 3 and i cant wait to take it out, may be a few month (its winter here in Mich.) and no time off of work for a while
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer. We picked ours up a few weeks ago too and like you are here in Michigan. Come on spring! Where did you buy your trailer at? Just wondering in case we need to get work done. We got ours in Ohio Labadie RV
Mary
Old 12-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #3

i got mine at Vicars Trailer Sales 9080 Pelham Rd. Taylor MI. 48180
i all most got mine at Labadie but i found it to far for my comfort level

dan
Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #4

Funny I only live about 5 miles from Vicars. I seen ours online, although when we got there they didn't have it however they had one I liked better and matched the price for the 2010 for the 2011. Any campgroud around here that you like? We belong to Outdoor Adventures, its ok but the davison location is getting really big as they keep expanding.
Mary
Old 12-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #5

Enjoy your new 8281ss...mine is sitting under snow waiting for June

2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samary View Post
Funny I only live about 5 miles from Vicars. I seen ours online, although when we got there they didn't have it however they had one I liked better and matched the price for the 2010 for the 2011. Any campgroud around here that you like? We belong to Outdoor Adventures, its ok but the davison location is getting really big as they keep expanding.
Mary
how do you like the Outdoor Adventures ? they keep calling us trying to get us out there to try a key in a truck to see if we are winners

we do camp around here once in a while, we liked Holly Rec. Area (state park) its a nice up north feel camp site, also right by there we like a place called Oakland Groves ( i think that right ) they lots of things for the kids
putt putt, water slide,

we like going up north to a place called Old Orchard Park by Oscoda
you can get a big wooded lake front sites there
i have been going there since i was a kid,

dan
Old 12-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsquarepants View Post
Enjoy your new 8281ss...mine is sitting under snow waiting for June

have you had any problems with yours that i should keep an eye out for ?
i see some people are having problems with the stereo, i have not even turned on the TV yet, i was going to pull it out before winter but i forgot to and parked it to close to my garage to get the slide out and as you know with the slide in the TV is covered, i guess if i cant get it out then the bad guys should not be able either ( i hope )

dan
Old 12-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #8

Outdoor adventures is getting really big, the main campground in Davison...they have the put put, pools all the boats to use, lake and now they are putting in a water park, recently they have added around 200 more sites. As far as there membership I got mine from the internet, someone was selling theirs. I paid $1500 and then I believe there was a $200 transfer fee. If you are really interested in it then I would check craigslist and look for someone selling theirs. My husband boss paid close to $10,000. Thanks for letting me know about the other camp grounds!
Take care and happy camping!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #9

8265WS fifthwheel

We ordered A 8265WS fifth wheel the 16th. of October after selling our 1996 Terry. Lots of Michigan people with new campers coming. Merry CHRISTmas to all of you.
Michigan-traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
have you had any problems with yours that i should keep an eye out for ?
i see some people are having problems with the stereo, i have not even turned on the TV yet, i was going to pull it out before winter but i forgot to and parked it to close to my garage to get the slide out and as you know with the slide in the TV is covered, i guess if i cant get it out then the bad guys should not be able either ( i hope )

dan
All has been fine (knock on wood ), mind you only spent about 10 nights in it this year, and towed it about 1500 miles. I have done a few mods here and there, check out my pictures they are all posted there. On the roof I used Eternabond tape to cover the caulking they use, more to prevent a problem from happening and to lessen the time i have to spend on the roof every year. I changed the tires from the Duros to Maxxis and went up a load rating size for piece of mind.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
All has been fine (knock on wood ), mind you only spent about 10 nights in it this year, and towed it about 1500 miles. I have done a few mods here and there, check out my pictures they are all posted there. On the roof I used Eternabond tape to cover the caulking they use, more to prevent a problem from happening and to lessen the time i have to spend on the roof every year. I changed the tires from the Duros to Maxxis and went up a load rating size for piece of mind.
how can i view you pictures ?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #12

Quote:
how can i view you pictures ?
nothing that amazing compared to some of the mods on this forum...just a few little things... here is the link 2010 Rockwood 8281SS Mods - My Photo Gallery

Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #13

Before you buy Outdoor Adventures membership check out this site

Outdoor Adventures Complaints - Outdoors Adventures is a scam!
f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #14

Quote:
nothing that amazing compared to some of the mods on this forum...just a few little things... here is the link 2010 Rockwood 8281SS Mods - My Photo Gallery
dont sell your self short, those are all great ideas, i am going to do the steps on mine also, did you use 2 sided tape ?

i also like the pressure regulator and gauge set, i should do something like that as well

thanks
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150k View Post
Before you buy Outdoor Adventures membership check out this site

Outdoor Adventures Complaints - Outdoors Adventures is a scam!

that place is to rich for my blood, besides i like camping up north in the woods better then busy places like that
but thanks for the advice
Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #16

Quote:
dont sell your self short, those are all great ideas, i am going to do the steps on mine also, did you use 2 sided tape ?

i also like the pressure regulator and gauge set, i should do something like that as well

thanks
its just rubberbacked carpet from walmart, used for an entrance mat. Reason for it was I have a couple of dogs that I didnt want scratching up the wood steps. I thought I would see how it goes before i went to any trouble of sticking it down... seems to be fine and not move around without any tape.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #17

Quote:
by putting the Eternabond tape on you roof will this void out any warranty on the roof

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Old 01-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #18

Quote:
i picked up our 2011 Rockwood 8281SS on Dec. 3 and i cant wait to take it out, may be a few month (its winter here in Mich.) and no time off of work for a while

Have you heard about the 1st Forest River Rally to Branson MO.?
May 1-4, 2011
Here is the link to message area.
LINK TO FOREST RIVER RALLY
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Have you heard about the 1st Forest River Rally to Branson MO.?
May 1-4, 2011
Here is the link to message area.
LINK TO FOREST RIVER RALLY

yes and it sounds like fun, but i have not towed this camper yet ( other then bringing it home ) and thats a long way from home for one of our first trips,
maybe on the next one
thanks for info

dan

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS

Tags
rockwood