Old 12-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alageezer View Post
I don't think there is any difference between an 11 and 12. We really like ours so far, especially Grandma. It was a huge upgrade from what he had, a 25' tt with no slide. We had a good time in that trailer, it served us well. We did five trips from Al to ID in four years, probably about 40,000 miles. One of those even went out close to you. We spent one night each in Tuscon, Ajo, and Quartzsite. Probably going that direction again this year.
Talk about a huge upgrade...we went from tent camping (gave it to the kids) to this...we thought we were in heaven. After the first of the year we are heading to south florida.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo Dad View Post
Talk about a huge upgrade...we went from tent camping (gave it to the kids) to this...we thought we were in heaven. After the first of the year we are heading to south florida.

WOW now that's one big change. From tent to a 30 ft with 2 slides, AC, LED TV, heater and lots of sitting room for a party. Oh not to mention an actual flushing toilet.

Anyone heading to Arizona for the Quartzsite for the big RV show?
If you have no idea what I'm talking about here is a link.
The Quartzsite Shows :: Home

If you want to buy anything RV this isthe place to buy it.
Oh all the state land around this area is free open dry camping. They usually have a few thousands folks dry camping in designated areas south of Interstate 10 and east of town.
One big party!

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
WOW now that's one big change. From tent to a 30 ft with 2 slides, AC, LED TV, heater and lots of sitting room for a party. Oh not to mention an actual flushing toilet.
The flushing toilet was the selling point! Everything else was icing on the cake.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #14

When we first got back into camping in 07, our first trailer had a flush toilet, but you had to straddle it to take a shower. Not gonna say who, but some folks had to step out into the main area to pull their pants back up.

After a few short trips, and a seventeen day trip into south Texas, we figured we weren't gonna kill one another, and upgraded to a new 25' Puma, and the rest is history.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo Dad

We did the same....tent camped for 20+ years and this year purchased our very first TT. A 32' with slide, huge bathroom, etc. We ARE definitely in heaven! No kids to give the tent to, but DH still wants to hang on to it for some reason. He thinks we'll go to Canada fishing and put up the tent in the woods. He is mistaken......
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #16

i have a 2011 8281SS Rockwood and i just finished a MOD above the stove,
i took out the microwave and found alot of unused space so i knocked out the panel above and to the left of the microwave, with the space above the micowave i made a wine rack it worked out with 4-4.5'' slots, to the left i made a cabinet, i was a bit%@ making the door and getting the stain right but i got it, i was thinking of taking on the space above the fridge next, more then likely it will be open with a rail in the front to match all of the other rails i put on the above cabinets, i would love to share pictures but i cant figure this site out, if you want to PM me i will e-mail them to you

dan

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #17

Dan, you took out your microwave?
Iggy, we haven't done anything yet with that space about the fridge. I thought about adding a shelf, but would need a ladder to reach it!
We were down in Quartzite a few years ago for the mineral show, simply blown away by the scale of it. Barrels upon barrels of geodes, petrified wood, and other oddities from Brazil mostly. Kindof sad though, that people are protecting that kind of thing in the US, and then going down to South America and stealing their stuff. I guess we aren't done taking advantage of the poor just yet.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #18

i think i got the posting pictures figured out, this is the MODs, above the microwave wine rack and the cabinet to the left of micro, also the railing on the top of the cabinets

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote