Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #1

2011 Windjammer 3008

Looking at trading our 2502s for the Windjammer. Previous owner used it 2 weeks and hated the floorplan (which we love). Anyone have this yr/model...likes/dislikes? Any info is appreciated.(btw our TV is gtg...2011 Tundra 5.7 with tow pkg).
toadswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #2

we love ours. the floor plan is perfect for us. our only dislikes are #1 the awning on the 2011 doesnt cover both doors, we dont like to run the a/c. and #2 while towing, the trailer makes a very loud whistle noise coming from the right side, so loud we cant have our pasenger side windows down at highway speed, we believe the whistle is coming from the forward awning frame. would like to hear from 2012 #3008 owners if they have any whistle noise? rockwood moved the awning back for 2012 to cover both entry doors.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Grumpy Old Member

I have a 2012 3008 and have no whistling problem while towing, the TT is very quiet while underway and tows very well.

Reflecting back on a summer of ownership I have to say how pleased I am. I've spent a lot of time camping and while there were a few small repairs that needed to be made (there are always small repairs), overall I've been impressed with the build quality.

I have the awning that covers both doors and it's been super, just be sure to pay attention to rain and be sure it dumps properly. These enormous awnings can hold a lot of water and the weight can be easily too much.

As for the layout, well, it was the reason I selected this model. It's the best execution of the front kitchen RV layout I've seen. Perhaps the folks that had it originally need more bed space. This truly isn't a layout for a family.

Enjoy!

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #4

Like Chris, the floor plan and the atrium windows sold us on the unit. We have loved everything about the TT this first season. Just a couple of minor repairs which any trailer will have. I tow with a Chevy Silverado 1500 with 5.3L and factory tow package. Mainly flatland camping so far. I would not attempt to pull this trailer over the Rockies with my current TV. We'll save those trips when it comes time to replace the truck. Plenty of other places to see right now. I know one thing--the trailer will be kept for a long time!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote