Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #1

Question 2012 5th wheel sinature ultra 8280ws

I just purchased a 3oft 5th wheel Rockwood, Signatur, Ultra Lite this past memorial day weekend. Myabe someone has had this expeirience also ?? We had to use the heat last weekend and it stopped wkg overnight. The regulator was set in thew middle so as to utilize the second tank when needed. The regulator was reading in the red for both tanks, but one tank was still full. Should the rgulator be set for one tank at a time , I cannot read the top of the valve , because of where it sits. I could not find anything in my owners manuel.
Any suggestion out there ??????

Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #2

The handle should be pointing to one tank or the other not in the middle. This will allow the regulator to automatically switch to the 2nd tank when the tank that the handle is pointing towards runs empty. However, I keep the valve on the 2nd tank closed and manually open the valve when the 1st tank becomes empty. I then fill the empty tank ASAP.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

By the way....Welcome to the Forum!

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo Dad View Post
The handle should be pointing to one tank or the other not in the middle. This will allow the regulator to automatically switch to the 2nd tank when the tank that the handle is pointing towards runs empty. However, I keep the valve on the 2nd tank closed and manually open the valve when the 1st tank becomes empty. I then fill the empty tank ASAP.
Same here.
Bill
Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
H2oski

Which tank is empty? If it is the near tank to the change over, you are having the same issue I had a couple of weeks ago. What I found was that the far tank safety valve (excess flow valve) would close because of an overflow due to the line being empty. (New) To reset the check valve, turn the tank off for at least 10 seconds, then turn it back on very slowly, so the line fills with gas slowly, once the line is pressured up then open it full on. You may have to do this several times. That solved my issue.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhoule View Post
I just purchased a 3oft 5th wheel Rockwood, Signatur, Ultra Lite this past memorial day weekend. Myabe someone has had this expeirience also ?? We had to use the heat last weekend and it stopped wkg overnight. The regulator was set in thew middle so as to utilize the second tank when needed. The regulator was reading in the red for both tanks, but one tank was still full. Should the rgulator be set for one tank at a time , I cannot read the top of the valve , because of where it sits. I could not find anything in my owners manuel.
Any suggestion out there ??????
Do a search on here for auto changeover propane regulator. There are several threads which outline the correct operation of the auto changeover regulators.

...VTX-AL
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #7

2012 5th wheel sinature ultra 8280ws

Thanks to everyone for your quick responses. h20ski, I will give your suggestion a run this weekend, sounds like the same issue. I will also search the forum for more treads on this subject.
Thank You Hoo Dad for the welcome

Kidhoule
2012 Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 30ft 5th Wheel
2011 GMC Sierra SLT 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Full Bed
Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum. Visit often!

Admire your taste in campers.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags