Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #1

2012 8312SS Outside Kitchen Sink to Black Water Tank???

Is this true? Would the outside kitchen sink be piped into the black water tank? Does anyone know?
mblanks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #2

yes it is plumbed into the black water tank. I know as I had all the tanks empty and run the water only in the outside sink and it ran out when the black tank valve was open and not the grey water valve.
waynec78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #3

How stupid is that? We frequently camp in the State Park system in Virginia without full hook-ups. Now the outside kitchen sink that I had to have is worthless, because I will be concerned about filling the black tank too early. I thought that the black tank level was coming up very quick as opposed to our older camper. We've actually been able to stay for 8 days on a forty gallon tank. Looks like that won't be happening anymore. STUPID design.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #4

That's why we have a "blue boy." We frequently camp with no hookups and the "blue boy" gets rid of the unnecessary worrying about filling up the tanks before the week is up. Takes very little effort to dump mid-week.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #5

I have a "blue boy" too, but I typically use it for gray water and have planned to only use it for black water if it were an emergency. In my opinion, the black water tank should only be black water. It's just a poor design. Probably saved them 3 or 4 feet of pipe.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #6

Yep, my new one actually has a sticker that says it drains to the black water. I kinda thought it might be good to have some soapy water passing thru every now and then...but I understand your frustration since you frequently camp w/o easy access to black water dump...
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #7

I got a horrible story about this. On my old Keystone Zeppelin my freshwater hookup was located next to the electric on the driver side of the trailer. The Rockwood has a black water flush in the same spot. I arrived at camp late at night after a 14 hour drive. The kids were screaming, I was hooking up the hoses as fast as I could and I did it. Hooked the freshwater to the black water flush and cranked it on. Well about 6 minutes later I had the big green flood out of the camp kitchen drain and all over the place. I remember reading someone else's post about this same issue and immediately shut off the water and ran into the bunk house where I was 3 inches away from the chemical water hitting the carpeted section of the bunks. After $100.00 in cleaning supplies and fans at the local Fred Meyer and 3 hours of labor it was all fixed. Disgusting. When I got home I caulked everything in the camping kitchen to stop it from ever leaking into the trailer (not that it would ever happen again) I also found a gaping hole where the pipe ran through the wall into the back bunk house pump area. I filled that in with expanding foam. Solved the issue with the rear bunk house always being colder then the rest of the trailer.
FarmerMT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8312ss, black water