Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #1

2012 Windjammer Oven

Anyone had any issues with their oven? Suburban unit, looses pilot after reaching set temperature. Also when the oven was on, the pilot would pop on & off. All other appliances work on the LP, so I don,t think it is the regulator?......... You always come up with ideas,

Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #2

I have the exact same problem...going to try and replace the thermocouple.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Owner/Operator

This sounds like the Atwood (Wedgewood) issue that plagued many RVs back in about 1999. I managed an RV Service and Supply business in Yuma, AZ and had numerous customers come in with new RVs stating that their oven was "popping". Some stated that the oven door would actually blow open slightly when the oven burner cycled "back" on after having been on and cycled off upon reaching temperature.

In the course of a few years there were probably 8 cases of this happening. Every time that I called Wedgewood they would tell me that this was the first time that they heard of the problem. I would give them a previous warranty claim number with the same problem, and just get an "Oh!" LOL

The procedure at that time was to verify that there was the specified space in the stove enclosure on the sides of and behind the stove. Then verify that under load (with the furnace water heater running) verify that there was the required LP pressure being delivered to the stove. Then verify that there were no bends, kinks, or obstructions in the oven burner tube (the actual oven burner that connects to the Safety Valve).

When the above was checked, we were told to replace the Safety Valve, and then when the problem remained, Wedgewood would ship out a replacement range.

We never did really find the cause of the popping and violent re-ignition, but over time the newer ranges did not exhibit this problem.

RodeoGeorge
Old 02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Steve View Post
I have the exact same problem...going to try and replace the thermocouple.
Unless things have changed, the Thermocouple in the oven is an integral part of the Safety Valve, and is not replaceable. The same applies to the Temperature Probe attached to the Oven Thermostat.

RodeoGeorge
Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #5

Check the Thermo coupling gap from the pilot light flame. Youroo!!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #6

Windjammer Oven

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally had the good people @ Park view RV look at the problem. After T/S found low water column (pressure from the gas regulator). Regulator could not adjust, went from 8 to14. Replaced with new regulator, all appliances work and oven operates as designed. I'll watch for problems-