Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
2604WS

2013 2604ws

We picked up our new baby a couple weeks ago and haven't had a chance to take her out but boy are we getting excited. We want to put a TV in the bedroom and looking for some advice. The mounting location is on the common wall between the bedroom and bathroom. It appears that there will be about 3.5" clearance between the wall and the frame of the wardrobe slider. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on the type of mounting bracket to use?

Appreciate your help.
Kirk
kirkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #2

I just did this in our 2604ws yesterday. I used the bracket linked below. It only protrudes 9/10 of an inch. I moved the 22 inch TV from the living area to the bedroom. Bought a 29 inch TV for living room.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218187475053

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
2604WS

2013 2604ws

Thanks dalford. I'm sure you operated the slide to make sure it cleared. It appears that the mount isn't tiltable. One thing my wife always worries about is if you'll be able to see the TV while lying on the bed. You ever noticed how TVs sort of go black when viewed from too sharp an angle?
Kirk
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #4

Kirk, Yes I measured it before I installed the TV. I used the TV that was in the living area that was factory installed. I still had a good inch when the wardrobe slide was in. Your right, no tilt but I don't think you will find a mount that will tilt and be a slim mount. We layer in the bed and even from the side away from the TV the picture was fine. Just make sure you use a slim tv. Like I said, I bought a 29 inch for the living area and move the oem unit. The 29 inch makes a big difference. Good luck....

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Paul & Sheri

I have a "VideoSecu" brand ML10B 1E9 articulating arm bracket for my 15" Supersonic flat screen. I bought it on Amazon for about $17 and it has a tilting head. I just measured the surface of the TV at 3 1/4' from the wall when vertical. Tilted it's 5" to the top side. You can adjust it and tighten with an allen wrench.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
2604WS

Hey dalford, thanks for your reply. Our TT came with the 26" upgrade in the living area. I've been trying to convince the boss that we should move it to the bedroom but so far she hasn't bought into it. We were looking at some Visio TVs last week and she likes them because they seem to be one of the few with front speakers. The viewing angle seems to be good as I was holding it up in the air and tilting it so she could see what the picture looked like. I can only imagine what I looked like doing this. I still need to check to make sure it is slim enough. I think I measured it at 1 3/4".

pwb01, thanks for the info. Having only 1/4" to spare scares the poop out of me. I can just see that sometime, somehow I'll screw up and tear it off the wall. I think I'll rely on getting the best viewing angle.

Kirk