Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Joe

2013 Rockwood 8289WS Early Pre July vs Sept Build

We are looking at purchasing a new 2013 Rockwood 8289WS. We were told that there are 2 different 13 models. The ones built July and prior have some differences compared to ones built after that. The main differences are that the front cap is a little larger which gives a slight more headroom in the bedroom. The other difference is that the newer ones also have led lighting in them. If you look at the outside light on the front the older one is a regular work light and the newer one is a led bar. I compared 2 of them side by side and I did notice I had a little more headroom in the bedroom. I was able to walk farther in the bedroom before I hit my head on the ceiling. The new interior designs are applicable to the post July build as well. The Sirius does not appear to be an option on the post July models too. If anyone else has any info or knowledge on this I would be interested to hear. Also glad to see the new Platinum pkg is available so you can get most of the same upgrades as the Diamond but don't have to have the brown color.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #2

I have a 2013 8289ws w/ diamond package built 08/12 , it has interior leds but no ext. leds , no sirrius , really like mine
CBruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
2011 Dodge 2500 w/5.7

I too, have the 2013 8289 ws that was built in October. I really like the layout and it is about 2,100 pounds lighter that my last rv. We are headed out to Myrtle Beach this weekend for the maiden voyage.
jwright is offline   Reply With Quote