Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to B and B
In Canada our Diamond Edition 8289WS with slide toppers, Fireplace, 15k single AC was $37k.

B
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusN View Post
Our 2013 Platinum with all options except 2nd air was $29.5 plus tax. We added slide toppers and JT Strongarms at the dealer to that.
Ok what are the slide toppers and Strongarms?....sorry new to all this.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #23

Slide toppers are like awnings that are attached to the top of each slide that extend with the slide to keep water and debris from collecting on the top of the slide that might damage the seals when the slide is retracted. Saves climbing up on top of the trailer to sweep off the tops of the slides before closing. JT Strongarms are a set of supports attached to each of the jacks that triangulate the weight distribution of the trailer and keep the trailer from moving when moving about inside. There are one or two other brands of these systems that minimize or eliminate the trailer movement.
2013 nights camped 35
MarcusN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusN View Post
Slide toppers are like awnings that are attached to the top of each slide that extend with the slide to keep water and debris from collecting on the top of the slide that might damage the seals when the slide is retracted. Saves climbing up on top of the trailer to sweep off the tops of the slides before closing. JT Strongarms are a set of supports attached to each of the jacks that triangulate the weight distribution of the trailer and keep the trailer from moving when moving about inside. There are one or two other brands of these systems that minimize or eliminate the trailer movement.
Ok that makes sense thank you. The awnings sound like a really good add on...I would t have thought about that right away.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #25

2013 8289ws

We just got home Saturday afternoon. 14,250 miles, 76 days. The only issue we had were the trailer tires. There is lots of discussion here about the poor quality tires that are OEM. We had a blowout on I-80 near the Bonneville Salt Flats. Fortunately the tire pressure monitor caught it in time, so we were able to pull over and stop before the tire (right rear) actually separated. We replaced all the OEM 5-ply, load range C tires with 10-ply load range E tires in Wells, NV.

We spent the Labor Day weekend in Oklahoma City. When we arrived about 4pm of Friday the temp was 104. Sat. was also 104. We have one A/C unit and it kept us comfortable, no problem, even in this high heat.

We had a wonderful trip that included Niagara Falls (the FROG rally) and 14 days on the CA/OR coast. On the way home, the last 2 days, we kept saying we did not want to come home.

We will sign up for the Goshen Rally next year.

My advice to all is get out there and enjoy your unit. We are already making plans for a November trip to Death Valley.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
We just got home Saturday afternoon. 14,250 miles, 76 days. The only issue we had were the trailer tires. There is lots of discussion here about the poor quality tires that are OEM. We had a blowout on I-80 near the Bonneville Salt Flats. Fortunately the tire pressure monitor caught it in time, so we were able to pull over and stop before the tire (right rear) actually separated. We replaced all the OEM 5-ply, load range C tires with 10-ply load range E tires in Wells, NV.

We spent the Labor Day weekend in Oklahoma City. When we arrived about 4pm of Friday the temp was 104. Sat. was also 104. We have one A/C unit and it kept us comfortable, no problem, even in this high heat.

We had a wonderful trip that included Niagara Falls (the FROG rally) and 14 days on the CA/OR coast. On the way home, the last 2 days, we kept saying we did not want to come home.

We will sign up for the Goshen Rally next year.

My advice to all is get out there and enjoy your unit. We are already making plans for a November trip to Death Valley.
Sounds like you had an awesome time! I would love to do all that when I get my trailer but M not retired yet.