Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

2013 signature 8315BSS

We currently own a 2010 Ultra lite 2607 and were looking at the 2013 Signature 8315BSS and was wondering if anyone has any info on this trailer. Likes and dislikes. I do like the gel fiberglass on this trailer as it looks more shiny and seems to be more solid than our Ultra lite fiberglass.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #2

I don't know about the 2013 models...I have seen them at campgrounds and they are beautiful to look at on the outside! Love the new darker colors too!

As far as layout and roominess, we love ours. It's a 2010 and all thought there are a couple changes I would make, you cannot beat the SS in the bedroom and the oversized bathroom and all the cabinet space of the front kitchen. HTH!

~ Dawn

Roger & Dawn M.
2011 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8315BSS
2004 Ford Excursion
Nights camped in 2011: 27
Nights camped in 2012: 34
Look'in To Ecapé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #3

If the 2013 models are anything like the 2010 models they are great trailers. We've been living in our 2010 model 8315BSS on average 3 to 4 nights a week now for over two and a half years and we've not encountered the first problem. All I've ever done to it is regular maintenance.
Happytrails2U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #4

We just purchased a 2013 8313 SS, not the 8315, but I'm sure they are similar. We just took our first trip with it and are really happy with the quality and options of the trailer. I looked hard for loose trim, bad seams, leaks, etc. and couldn't find any issues on our 4 day trip. Of course things can , and probably will pop up down the road.
Just check your trailer over well before you pull it off the lot.
Good Luck!
Next1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
Grape Escape

Would have been our step up from 2607 as well. If only we had not looked at 5th wheels....
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #6

Thumbs up 2013 signature ultra lite 8315BSS

Hi, we have just picked up our 2013 8315BSS and had it out on the maiden test flight last weekend. It appears to be working great for us and we just love the extra space. We're still getting used to the difference between this and our previous Jay Feather 25LGT, especially with the towing aspect. I did notice the steering on my Expedition Max seemed a lot lighter and there was more sway but this may be down to the way I ended up loading the trailer. I now have to winterize and unfortunately store it until the spring but we are really looking forward to using it. The control panel isn't what I was expecting and heating the water wasn't what I was used to but I'm sure that, in time, we'll get the hang of it all. I guess I should have asked more while on the walk through but I figured many of the controls would be the same as what I was used to. Prior to purchasing, I'd only gone in for a couple of jugs of antifreeze but ended up with a new trailer. The big thing for us is having two doors. We liked it on the Jay Feather and were delighted to find it on this trailer. If there was one disappointment, it was the fact that only one light came on in the lounge using the switch on the control panel. If anyone knows if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. Another big hit was the amount of natural light that comes in through all of the windows in the main slide. Spring and summer just can't come fast enough!
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #7

You aren't doing anything wrong when turning on the control panel switch for the one light in the lounge. That's all that switch turns on...the rest have to be individually turned on.

We are headed out two more times this fall - just for short weekends but we love camping in the Fall in VA! Sorry you have to winterize without even getting to use your new trailer this fall...what a bummer.

We have used both the electric and gas ways of heating the water...what where you used to?

Dawn

Roger & Dawn M.
2004 Ford Excursion
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #8

Hi Dawn and thanks for taking the time to reply, it is greatly appreciated. I just got back from winterizing the trailer but think I overcame the new challenges successfully. Managed to dump antifreeze when the filter cylindr popped off while I was charging the system. Is there a way of de-pressurizing the cylinder so it can be removed more easily?

On our previous trailer there was two switches on the control panel. One for electric heating, the second for gas. When I switched the water heater on inside the 8315 it immediately fired up in gas. Eventually, we found the electric switch inside the water heater cupboard.

I see that you have the 2010 model but would make a couple of changes. What changes would you you make?

Enjoy your last couple of weekends out in the VA country side. We had our first blast of winter last night and woke up to an inch of snow and temperatures of -6oC (21oF). The Canadian Rockies look good but it means that's it until about April or May as far as RVing goes.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #9

Regarding the cylinder...I asked my dh and he says that he turns the water pump switch on the control panel off, then opens up the hot and cold faucets to take the pressure of the entire system. This should prevent the cylinder from 'popping' off. Also, one tip he mentioned is that he takes the actual filter out of the cylinder prior to filling with antifreeze so that we don't have to purchase a new filter every year.

Another helpful bit of info...the hot water tank bypass knobs are located behind the thin divider paneling on the left hand side of the front outside storage compartment. You may already know this since you have previously owned a TT but if you bypass the hot water tank, you'll save 6+ gallons of antifreeze. Roger said that the manufacturer actually suggests NOT putting antifreeze in the hot water heater. Like I said, more than likely you already know this!

Only change we'd make is having a pocket door from the bath to the bedroom...ours is a regular door and we are constantly knocking into it or getting whacked from behind when brushing our teeth and a kid walks through! Having said this, it is convenient to be able to hang our towels there so we're good either way.

Sooooo glad we still have a couple months before our 'winter' arrives!

Dawn

Roger & Dawn M.
2004 Ford Excursion
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #10

Hi Dawn, once again, many thanks for the tip about the water system pressure. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I have to take the filter cylinder off. We didn't have the actual filter in this time as we'd only just picked the trailer up from the dealer and have only used it for two nights I did know about the HW bypass thanks, but they sure don't make it easy to get your arms in to access the shut off valves.

I think FR must have been reading you mind because the door from the bedroom to the bathroom is now a pocket door.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #11

Another solution to avoid filling empty filter cylinder with AF is to buy kit which consists of two circular plates (one metal the other rubber) which seal the top blocking AF from cylinder.
Prodigy P3, E2 WDH
rschoono289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #12

Put a empty Free beverage bottle inside the filter housing. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastlakeRoo View Post
We currently own a 2010 Ultra lite 2607 and were looking at the 2013 Signature 8315BSS and was wondering if anyone has any info on this trailer. Likes and dislikes. I do like the gel fiberglass on this trailer as it looks more shiny and seems to be more solid than our Ultra lite fiberglass.
Hi there, Purchased a 2012 8315bss in may of this year. Keep it stored on sight @ campground. Spent alot of time in it this summer and not a problem yet. Love the bedroom and front kitchen, plus the extra space in the bathroom. Doing 1 more weekend for holloween and thats it. Gonna hate to put it away.....
bgarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch333id View Post
they sure don't make it easy to get your arms in to access the shut off valves.
That is exactly what Roger said too!

Yes, I had read that FR changed the bedroom door to a pocket door...makes loads of sense but since we have two kids that also need a place to hang bath towels, we use the back of that door a lot.

Roger & Dawn M.
2004 Ford Excursion

Tags
8315bss