Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #1

2014 rockwood 2104s dinette cushions???

I have a problem...I don't understand the cushions on my TT. After we bought it and brought it camping for the first time we realized the cushions are completely different thicknesses! I gave up wanting bunk beds for this trailer as we really liked the space (we want to be able to take our bernese mountain dog comfortably with us). But when we got it out the first time we realized the cushions can't be placed on top of the table as they are way higher than the Rest of the surrounding ones! I need this space to be useable as a bed. This isn't a warranty issue to me - it is a defect! Does anyone else have a 2014 2104s with this problem? Have you gotten it resolved? Not sure where to go at this point for help.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #2

Our 2013 2703ws is (was) the same way. I lowered the wood supports. Can't believe they still haven't changed that design. The table is actually too small for the opening its supposed to fit in. Its at the dealer now for slide trouble and they know about the problem. Have to see if they do anything about it. Service guy said they could only add a wider piece of wood. I'd rather do it myself.
Bob
Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #3

Thanks. I will look if that is possible with mine. Is there support behind the seat to move it lower? I don't want to damage anything. Apparently the 2015 isn't this way - although doesn't help me any. LoL. :S I don't understand why they left it that way. Such a poor design and laziness not to fix it.
kerrandda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #4

I added some aluminum to the inside of the booth to hold the rails on better. Was at my dealer today and showed them again. Not sure if they will put bigger pieces in or not. I will if they don't.
Bob
Old 10-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #5

We just got our trailer back from the dealer. Having some things fixed. Dinette slide was realigned, thermostats and switch on the water heater replaced, door handle, and some other minor stuff. After I had lowered the rails for the dinette table so the cushions would be flush, they added some rails on top of them so the table wouldn't move while down for a bed. Came out pretty good.
Great dealer to work with.
Bob

Tags
2014, 210, rockwood