Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #41

Does anyone have trouble emptying their black tank? The last two trips my tank doesn't seem to completely empty. I had to fill the tank with water a couple times in order for the indicator light to show empty. I make sure it is 3/4 full before empty it and use the chemical packs to help break down the waste. Does anyone have any tip or tricks?
Whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #42

It is probably empty. The sensors are notoriously inaccurate. Anything stuck on them will make them read incorrectly.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
It is probably empty. The sensors are notoriously inaccurate. Anything stuck on them will make them read incorrectly.
Mine does the same. It always reads 1/3 full even when empty. Indicators are never accurate... Our previous TT was the same way. Unfortunately, the 2306 doesn't have a black tank flush inlet. Looking to get a wand after this trip.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #44

I am on the same page as the others. I have found that if I empty my tank the night before and the refill 3/4 with water and leave over night and empty the morning we leave, it softens most up and the sensors read empty. It also seems to help with the smell.
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Oh... Got to the campground this weekend and found out my bumper cap came off... And my smaller sewer hose came out somewhere along my 3hr trip. Thankfully, my rhino stayed put. I order the stay-put caps from Amazon today.
I had these bumper caps delivered to the campground (they only had one in the camp store, so I ordered from Amazon)... Checked them after our 3-hr drive home today... They didn't budge a bit!

http://www.amazon.com/WirthCo-30000-...bumper+end+cap
Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #46

I also used these same bumper covers and no problems coming off.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmcinty View Post
We have a 2011 2306 and they didn't have the murphy bed option at that time. I wish they did. I think that's better than the bed being in the way right when you come in the door. It's a great little trailer!!
I have a 2011 2306 and ordered it in March 2011 and I could have ordered the Murphy Bed option - did you pick out of a dealers lot inventory or special order?

I love my 2306 also

One thing to look at is if any of you havent been on the roof - get some Dicor lap sealant and go over the roof especially around the tv antenna cable - that is where mine leaked but ever since I went over the whole roof and sealed all the edges - no issues
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #48

Installed a new Fantastic Vent Cover this week... The dark one on the front. Much easier than we anticipated. Since we had a whole tube of lap sealant, we did go over some spots that looked questionable. Mostly along the front and back. Antenna looked pretty solid.

On another note... My buddy snapped off the plastic paddle on the screen door... Wow, talk about a flimsy piece of plastic. Emailed Sheri at FR... $20 + shipping!!!

Recently finished our 31st night of camping for 2013. Pretty smooth sailing thus far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1695115440.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	37377  
Old 08-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #49

Quote:
Installed a new Fantastic Vent Cover this week... The dark one on the front. Much easier than we anticipated. Since we had a whole tube of lap sealant, we did go over some spots that looked questionable. Mostly along the front and back. Antenna looked pretty solid.

On another note... My buddy snapped off the plastic paddle on the screen door... Wow, talk about a flimsy piece of plastic. Emailed Sheri at FR... $20 + shipping!!!

Recently finished our 31st night of camping for 2013. Pretty smooth sailing thus far.
Very nice
Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #50
NELA

Quote:
I had these bumper caps delivered to the campground (they only had one in the camp store, so I ordered from Amazon)... Checked them after our 3-hr drive home today... They didn't budge a bit!

Amazon.com: WirthCo 30000 Black RV Locking Bumper Plug: Automotive

We just wrapped the inner grooves on the factory caps with Teflon tape, then forced 'em in. They stay put now.

But...we don't store anything in the bumper, so not being able to pull 'em out isn't a problem.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #51

Quote:
My parents had one of those vent covers on their camper. My mom claimed it would keep more light out so I could sleep better, since I was complaining to her about the amount of light that comes in through ours.

Yeah, right. I still felt blinded. I still like my idea of just sewing my own curtain for that space, as I like my room DARK when I sleep. Sometimes, I do like getting up with the sun... but not always!

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #52

We took our 2104s for the 3rd time this weekend and noticed the black and grey water read out is reversed on the control panel. Glad to report no leaks in the roof or seals. We just arrived at the camp ground and we had a flash flood style of ran come out of nowhere rain poured down for 2 hours
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post

My parents had one of those vent covers on their camper. My mom claimed it would keep more light out so I could sleep better, since I was complaining to her about the amount of light that comes in through ours.

Yeah, right. I still felt blinded. I still like my idea of just sewing my own curtain for that space, as I like my room DARK when I sleep. Sometimes, I do like getting up with the sun... but not always!
I thought about going with the darker one... But we had to weigh getting enough light over the sofa through the day vs morning light while sleeping. I'm a early riser, so not a big deal for me... But the wife is considering a black out material rigged up somehow. Haven't been out since installation to check it out... So we'll wait and see.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #54

Vent Cushion - Intersource D10-146 - Fan and Vent Accessories - Camping World

Just get one of these. I added some aluminum foil inside the cover to block the light even more. Got room darkening fabric and added it behind the Murphy bed privacy curtain and made covers of the same fabric to go over the pleated shades. Nice and dark now and one person can be up with lights on without disturbing the other!
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #55

Quote:

I thought about going with the darker one... But we had to weigh getting enough light over the sofa through the day vs morning light while sleeping. I'm a early riser, so not a big deal for me... But the wife is considering a black out material rigged up somehow. Haven't been out since installation to check it out... So we'll wait and see.
I think I will just sew up a small curtain/ cover with some elastic on the corners. Tack up clear small command hooks, and it can be put up at night and then taken down during the day.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #56

Took our Mini to be winterized today. Final trip of the season was this past weekend to Hershey Park for their Halloween event. Actually saw another 2306 w/ Murphy bed yesterday morning leaving the campground. First one we've seen. Had awesome weather all weekend.
While being winterized, our RV repair guy will be doing two warranty issues... The awning and the window in the front door. The awning is a Dometic recall. The door window has been leaking most of the summer (thankfully a very dry summer) but the local Rockwood dealer ignored my requests to fix it. So I called FR and they're going to work with me to get it completed under warranty through my local RV repair center. Hopefully it all works out.
I have to say... This 2306 is one awesome camper. A ton of bang for the buck. We never once had an issue of not enough room to move around or storage. I have grown to appreciate the lack of outside storage. I had SO much "stuff" I didnt need to haul around anyway.
I think the only thing we'd do differently is to go with the manual awning instead of the electric. There were too many times a slight breeze forced us to retract it. Hopefully, someone on here will start making awning polls again.
I think we ended up at 33 nights for 2013. Hopefully, we'll eclipse that next summer... Tentatively planning a trip to Disney World... That will probably chew up 20 or so nights with travel down, back and about 14 nights at Fort Wilderness.
Also lucked into a new storage spot recently. We were paying $45/mo for an open parking lot about 20-minutes away. Made prepping for a trip very inconvenient. Now we'll be in a space that has a roof and covered on three sides (an old 10-bay pole barn that used to store farm equipment). It's near the entrance of our development, so we pass it a couple times a day... And it's cheaper... Win win!

Hopefully, we 2306 owners can stay in touch over the winter and talk about past and future mods and other suggestions. Maybe even plan a 2306/flagstaff (23LB?) rally at Fort Wilderness... Currently looking at mid-late June.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #57
Always Learning

KDHFan, couple of things:

1) I thought f100turbo was still making the awning poles. If not, GolfMedik (spelling??) has a neat DIY solution.

2) I drove thru the Hershey campground (Highmeadows), but have never stayed. Is that where you stayed? If so, how is this for first impressions?
http://learntorv.blogspot.com/2013/1...d-hershey.html
Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #58

Quote:
Took our Mini to be winterized today. Final trip of the season was this past weekend to Hershey Park for their Halloween event. Actually saw another 2306 w/ Murphy bed yesterday morning leaving the campground. First one we've seen. Had awesome weather all weekend. While being winterized, our RV repair guy will be doing two warranty issues... The awning and the window in the front door. The awning is a Dometic recall. The door window has been leaking most of the summer (thankfully a very dry summer) but the local Rockwood dealer ignored my requests to fix it. So I called FR and they're going to work with me to get it completed under warranty through my local RV repair center. Hopefully it all works out. I have to say... This 2306 is one awesome camper. A ton of bang for the buck. We never once had an issue of not enough room to move around or storage. I have grown to appreciate the lack of outside storage. I had SO much "stuff" I didnt need to haul around anyway. I think the only thing we'd do differently is to go with the manual awning instead of the electric. There were too many times a slight breeze forced us to retract it. Hopefully, someone on here will start making awning polls again. I think we ended up at 33 nights for 2013. Hopefully, we'll eclipse that next summer... Tentatively planning a trip to Disney World... That will probably chew up 20 or so nights with travel down, back and about 14 nights at Fort Wilderness. Also lucked into a new storage spot recently. We were paying $45/mo for an open parking lot about 20-minutes away. Made prepping for a trip very inconvenient. Now we'll be in a space that has a roof and covered on three sides (an old 10-bay pole barn that used to store farm equipment). It's near the entrance of our development, so we pass it a couple times a day... And it's cheaper... Win win! Hopefully, we 2306 owners can stay in touch over the winter and talk about past and future mods and other suggestions. Maybe even plan a 2306/flagstaff (23LB?) rally at Fort Wilderness... Currently looking at mid-late June.
Excellent! We don't have to winterize, but are not planning another trip until January. We will probably hop over to Cedar Key for a weekend. Then probably another trip in February to one of the rivers close by for some kayaking. We hope you make it down for Disney so we can have a 2306 weekend and let the kids play!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
KDHFan, couple of things:

1) I thought f100turbo was still making the awning poles. If not, GolfMedik (spelling??) has a neat DIY solution.

2) I drove thru the Hershey campground (Highmeadows), but have never stayed. Is that where you stayed? If so, how is this for first impressions?
Learn To RV: Hershey Highmeadows Campground, Hershey PA
Yes... we were at Hershey Park Camping Resort (the past two weekends, actually). We've stayed there 6 times the past two years. If you're going to Hershey Park and have young kids, this is the best place in the area to be. Free shuttle to the park and the campground is blanketed with little ones at all hours of the day. Very well maintained and clean. Nice pool and lots of activities. If you're not going to the park, i would not suggest this one.
You have it mostly correct. One glaring omission, however. There's an active freight train that runs along the edge of the campground. Very active.... like sometimes every 30-minutes. If you're near the tracks, it will wake you from a dead sleep. Through the night (after 11pm or so), it is pretty limited, but you can count on it coming through once or twice. In the back half of the campground, it's a non-issue (however, we always use noise machines so i can't say there's no train noise).
Levelness: I've now had 6 different sites in two sections. Never went more than one lynx high. However, if you get up on the side of the hill (we've never been), then yes... levelness can be a problem. In the big rig pull-through sites, they're all pretty level. No lego blocks needed. Yes... the big rig sites are JAMMED. I shake my head every time i pass it. There are 3 or 4 sites that have some space, but i try to avoid the area altogether. I would never try to take a big rig (30'+) into any area other than the pull through sites. I've encountered more than one disgruntled RV owner trying to cram into one of the back-in sites. The camp store is awful. Milk, bread, eggs, cheese and, for the most part, the rest is all Hershey souvenirs. Very disappointing. The one BIG thing this campground has going for it, in our opinion, are the employees. Some of the nicest people we've met. They really do make you feel like they are there to please you (funny how so many campgrounds seem to have that backwards). Oh... and showers/bathrooms. One word... flawless.
Thankfully, i got lucky the first time i camped here, and now i have the best sites marked on a map.

I'll check on the awning poles. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #60
Always Learning

Awesome comments, KDH! Seems like I wasn't too far off, though the leveling seems more tricks of the eye than reality.

I had read about the train. I didn't realize it was that big of a thing, though!

Thanks muchly.