Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #1

2014 Rockwood 2306 w/Murphy Bed (PICS)

Here's a few pics of our new Rockwood. We had it out for the weekend at a local KOA to test it out. The unit itself passed with flying colors. No issues at all with the camper. The attachment end for the cable TV broke off as we were trying to attach the cable. Thinking that this wouldn't be our last frustrating issue with this TV, we went to Sams and bought a new Vizio.
The Mini towed pretty well behind our Nissan Armada (6500# tow rating). It actually towed better than our previous unit, Rpod 182G. Using the 4-point Equal-i-zer helps, i'm sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	345
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	29196   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	290
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	29197   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	316
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	29198   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	324
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	29199   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Views:	343
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	29200  

Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #2

Great pics, thanks! Looks like lots of smiles!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #3

What do you think about the door. I don't like how it won't open all the way.
Whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Here's a few pics of our new Rockwood. We had it out for the weekend at a local KOA to test it out. The unit itself passed with flying colors. No issues at all with the camper. The attachment end for the cable TV broke off as we were trying to attach the cable. Thinking that this wouldn't be our last frustrating issue with this TV, we went to Sams and bought a new Vizio.
The Mini towed pretty well behind our Nissan Armada (6500# tow rating). It actually towed better than our previous unit, Rpod 182G. Using the 4-point Equal-i-zer helps, i'm sure.
We noticed that our satellite and cable jacks on the back of the camper are crosswired. We heard this is common. We have not had any issues with our TV, but we did by a Samsung for the exterior and a seperate swing arm so the kids can watch TV inside and we can watch the game outside at the same time.
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
That hinge is strong. It keeps the door stationary when open. In fact, our kids have trouble closing it because it's so strong. In time it may loosen up.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
I like it and dislike it. I like it for the adults... just pull the lever and it opens on its own... great for when you're carrying stuff (which is often) in our out. Stays open even in the breeze. However... the kids have issues with it. My 6yo daughter really struggles to close it... and both kids have now pinched their fingers in the hinge side because it's so hard to close when pulling it from the inside.
I honestly do not see the necessity of it... fully open, i don't believe it would block the awning or a compartment door?

Heading out to Hershey Park this weekend! Chocolate heaven.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #7

Nice. We got our 2104S w/ the Murphy bed a couple months ago.
Love it. We are heading out today for the weekend. Supposed to be in the 80s in Oregon!!

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Nice!! That looks great!! Congratulations.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #9

You are getting me excited, I pick up mine on Saturday and am planning on taking right out that afternoon!
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucus View Post
You are getting me excited, I pick up mine on Saturday and am planning on taking right out that afternoon!
Good luck! We will be in the panhandle of Florida hiking through the caverns with the kids in our 2306! Our friends that bought our old camper are coming with us, we are ready for a great 4 day trip! Friday night we are doing a Low Country Boil! Enjoy your new camper!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #11

Clear Creek State Park. Sigel, PA... A beautiful little campground.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-48362705.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	31072   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3475127480.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	31073   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3361057546.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	31074  
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #12

We also just picked up our new 2014 2306 w/Murphy bed, took about 10 weeks. We also added alum. rims, power awning, power tongue jack. Ours had an orange scare light though, not black with a clear lens. It was delivered with an HD Magnavox LED tv...which is better than the Konka ones I have seen. My wife sure likes the LED lights inside as we'll as the LED light strip on the awning. Pretty excited for our first trip...big upgrade for us. Nice to see the other 2306 owners out there and nice to see others have the same needs ands constraints as us. Our 2009 Toyota Highlander is seeming to do a pretty good job of pulling it.
Yetii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #13

Returned recently from a week at Clear Creek State Park. Such a great little campground. Tuesday night (last week) we encountered a severe thunderstorm warning... A couple campers at the end of the park (prone to flooding) packed up and headed out... Leaving us, the host and one other camper in the whole park. I gotta say... Just me and the kiddos (wife was traveling out of the country) having the whole park to ourselves was so awesome... A memorable time you can't get in a hotel... ever. It was a sleepless night for me, waking up every hour or so to check the river level (we were river-front)... We got a little rain but the expected bad weather stayed well south of us. The next day, campers started to arrive, and by Thursday night, it was mostly full.

Anyway... Has anyone experienced any problems with their radio cutting out? We rarely use it... But since this particular park has zero cell reception, I needed the radio for weather information... Worked fine until I turned on a ceiling light, then the darn thing cut out on me. Turning on the stove light, outdoor lights or bunk lights didnt effect it... Just the ceiling lights. Not a big deal, cause I greatly dislike terrestrial radio so don't plan on using it much... But not sure if there might be a wiring problem?

Thanks all... Hope everyone is loving their 2306 as much as we are! 13 nights in the books to date... 15 more so far on the schedule.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2442606604.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	33852   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3231632694.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	33853  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Returned recently from a week at Clear Creek State Park. Such a great little campground. Tuesday night (last week) we encountered a severe thunderstorm warning... A couple campers at the end of the park (prone to flooding) packed up and headed out... Leaving us, the host and one other camper in the whole park. I gotta say... Just me and the kiddos (wife was traveling out of the country) having the whole park to ourselves was so awesome... A memorable time you can't get in a hotel... ever. It was a sleepless night for me, waking up every hour or so to check the river level (we were river-front)... We got a little rain but the expected bad weather stayed well south of us. The next day, campers started to arrive, and by Thursday night, it was mostly full.

Anyway... Has anyone experienced any problems with their radio cutting out? We rarely use it... But since this particular park has zero cell reception, I needed the radio for weather information... Worked fine until I turned on a ceiling light, then the darn thing cut out on me. Turning on the stove light, outdoor lights or bunk lights didnt effect it... Just the ceiling lights. Not a big deal, cause I greatly dislike terrestrial radio so don't plan on using it much... But not sure if there might be a wiring problem?

Thanks all... Hope everyone is loving their 2306 as much as we are! 13 nights in the books to date... 15 more so far on the schedule.
Sounds like fun. Our radios as worked great. We have the radio on most of the time we are hanging at the camper, mainly for background noise. Tat campground looks awesome. Could you swim right from the campsite? We are head to Fort Desoto beach campground the weekend, and the down to the Florida Keys for 4th of July.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #15

Looks like a great floor plan! I really like the couch/murphy bed option. You are able to leave the bed completely made even when folded up correct?
keep camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #16

I have spent about 14 nights in my 2306 and love it. I make the bed in the morning and then fold it up and stays made. A great floor plan for the size.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #17

Yes... usually we can jump in with inner tubes and float the river for a little while... get out and walk back up to the camper. There's also a smaller stream across the campground road that the kids can play in... about knee deep. All the kids stacked rocks down the little creek and made a winding tubing run that's about 60' long... way cool.
We can even have someone take us up-river a couple miles and canoe down to the campground.

Yes... you can make up the bed in the morning and just flip it up... there's enough room between the bed and the camper front to leave it made up... we even have a 3" memory foam on top and everything stays in place when flipped up.

You can see my son in the pictures doing an archeology dig... there was an old black smith shop at this campground a 100 years or so ago... he loved it... spent two days digging... found lots of cool stuff.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep camping View Post
Looks like a great floor plan! I really like the couch/murphy bed option. You are able to leave the bed completely made even when folded up correct?
Yes, we even have a nice pillow top memory foam and there is plenty of room folded up with the bed made.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #19

Any of you all change out the thermostat? Would like to find a digital but not sure which to go with. Not knowing "exactly" what its set at or what the temp is reading is a little annoying. On our RPod, we knew the thermostat was off by 2-degrees... So for it to be 70-deg, we needed to set it at 68.
Thanks all.

Just returned from 4-days at Hershey Park... Great time! Lots of chocolate! Hershey Park Campground is an awesome campground... Very clean and super friendly employees... And tons of kids.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-388455420.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	34438   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-809565951.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	34439  
Old 07-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #20

congrat on the purchase. we too looked at that model but opted for 2014 2104s since it was just my wife and me. we purchased ours this past weekend/. it was hard to get y wife off of buying one with the Murphy bed
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote