Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #1

2014 Windjammer LED failure

I have a 2014 Windjammer 3001W and the LED Dome light over the bedroom dresser has failed. How do I find a replacement LED? It looks like the entire fixture will have to be replaced. It is model RV LED PCI 006 and has a Sun Link LED driver 350 ma

Pops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops_ View Post
I have a 2014 Windjammer 3001W and the LED Dome light over the bedroom dresser has failed. How do I find a replacement LED? It looks like the entire fixture will have to be replaced. It is model RV LED PCI 006 and has a Sun Link LED driver 350 ma
Pops,

Depends on when your 2014 Windjammer was built as to whether the same lights are available now from FR. The LEDs in my 2014 were causing interference with my televisions. FR told me they were on a frequency close to broadcast TV, so they replaced them all with the "new style" LEDs that they began using mid-way through the 2014 production (mine was built in Feb. 2013 but is titled a 2014). The "new style" lights have a smaller footprint, so they had some covers made for the original holes in the ceiling, then mounted the new lights on the covers. They look OK if you change all of the lights, or if you have one in a room by itself, but if you mixed the old and new styles in close proximity, I think they would look funny.

My lights all got changed in August, and I know they had and were using the new ones by then.

That said, I don't know if yours are the "old" or the "new" style lights. My tt is in storage right now, so I can't get you pictures. If yours was built after about June 2013, chances are you have the new style lights and they should be available through your dealer.

Good luck.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #3

I took delivery of my unit 6 June 2013 so I do not know if I have the newer lights. It seems though the entire fixture must be replaced and not just a LED lamp. Anyone know anything different?
Pops_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, windjammer