Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2014, 05:02 AM   #1

2015 rockwood 2304s Murphy bed

We traded up our 19 ft roo for the 2304s as we loved the floor plan. Sadly the camping season is over and we have winterized it, but was wondering if we should remove the mattress? It's still in the plastic wrap since we've not used it yet, should we be worried about mice? We place dryer sheets all through our trailers in the past in winter and have never seen mouse activity, just want to know what others are doing.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
mmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:11 AM   #2

Did you take the mattress out of the roo? I never took it out of my pop up when I had it. I'm getting a ultralite in the spring and I don't plan on taking the mattress out for the winter in that one either. I think as long as you seal it up good, put the dryer sheets around, and most importantly...don't leave any food or attractants around you'll be fine. Also if you're comfortable with it, try putting some poison in the trailer. If mice do get in they won't last long.

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
HappyCamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #3

I am wondering if you should take the plastic off so the mattress can breath and not get moisture trapped, don't want mildew problem when you open in spring. We leave ours in our 2304s have mattress pad that stays on it, have not had problems with mice yet (knock on wood). Use dryer sheets and we put some steel wool where pipe comes in under bath vanity ours was kind if a big hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmcneil View Post
Did you take the mattress out of the roo? I never took it out of my pop up when I had it. I'm getting a ultralite in the spring and I don't plan on taking the mattress out for the winter in that one either. I think as long as you seal it up good, put the dryer sheets around, and most importantly...don't leave any food or attractants around you'll be fine. Also if you're comfortable with it, try putting some poison in the trailer. If mice do get in they won't last long.
I would take the mattress out of the shipping bag to let it breathe.
I use the dryer sheets also for the inside.
I put rodent bait stations under the trailer all around and sprinkle a box or 2 of moth balls under it also.
5 years now , and trailer's still rodent free...good luck
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2304, bed, rockwood