Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #1

2015 Rockwood 2703WS Ordered waiting for delivery

I made my choice and placed an order for a 2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2703WS with RVDirect. Anything I should know about the 2703WS now that is too late to matter?
mcmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
New to Forest River

Don't worry, you made a good choice. We picked our 2703WS about two weeks ago and really like it. Only major snafu was failure of kitchen slide to retract after Dealer Prep Inspection. We picked up the TT in Elkhart IN so the Lippert warehouse was only 20 miles away and we were on our way in a couple of hours.

So far we've traveled about 1,000 miles and the TT is a delight to tow. I have a 5.7L Toyota Tundra with an EZ Lift hitch and single, friction anti-sway bar. I am running Michellin AT2 10 ply LT tires and the tow is rock solid.

We have done some mods: added coat and towel racks, created new storage under pantry and kitchen sink by adding knobs and latches to panels FR had screwed shut. I also wired in a Progressive Industries 30 amp EMS/surge suppressor.

I also plan to replace the 12 volt batteries with 6 volt golf cart batteries at some point.

Good luck

Grey Nomads, Ron and Sue
Old 10-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #3

It has one of the best floor plans out there for that size camper
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #4

We love our 2703ws. But, allow at least three hours for PDI. Awning motor did not work, Kitchen lamp was broken, Deadbolt lock was frozen and the kitchen cabinet over the sink almost fell of the wall.

After seeing how the cabinet was put together we reinforced it with mending plates and longer screws.

43 days and counting the other three issues have not been repaired. Dealer says parts on backorder. Forest River has no record that two of the three items were ordered. From everything I have read the dealers love to sell but customer service
is not a priority. I hope your dealer is nearby.
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #5

Thanks for all the feedback. I suspect that something's will not go right or work out of the box. Sounds like some improvements can be made. Also that I can see expect a long day at the dealer on pickup day. I am in Loxahatchee (WPB) Florida and my dealer is two hours away in Orlando.

I am towing with a 2010 Ford F-150 equipped with the towing package. My old trailer was a Salem 29BHSS about 6,500 lbs. dry weight and I did not have too much trouble. I am upgrading my hitch to a Reese dual cam sway 1,200 - 12,000 pounds. Bit of overkill but it should help.

I am not expecting deliver until late December but I will let you how that went.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:57 AM   #6

Great choice.. Love mine. Only thing I didn't like is that you can't see the words on the switch panel rockers at night. Installed a 12v courtesy light above the panel and a switch in an open slot in the panel. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Myklskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #7

Thanks and a great idea on the courtesy light, I'll remember to do that as well as the improvements Roving Ron made to his.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myklskc View Post
Great choice.. Love mine. Only thing I didn't like is that you can't see the words on the switch panel rockers at night. Installed a 12v courtesy light above the panel and a switch in an open slot in the panel. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Tied the added panel light into the step and aisle factory lights,they have their own switch in the panel. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood