Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #1

2015 Windjammer 3008W Fresh Water Tank Drain

I've searched this forum every way I can think of and can't find this info. Two questions:

1. Where is the fresh water tank drain on my trailer? I've also looked under the trailer and I can find the low point drains in the front but no luck finding the fresh water drain.

2. We're going dry camping for the first time next weekend and I filled the fresh water tank, at least the monitor said it was full. I put the hose in the inlet, turned the water on and when it starting running out of the inlet, I turned the water off. I expected that at some point the water would stop running out of the inlet but it didn't, it was like the inlet was siphoning the water back out of the tank. I put the cap back on to stop the water coming out of the inlet and that seemed to solve the problem. When I took the cap back off, the water was not running out anymore. Is this normal or does it mean something like the inlet is going too far into the tank and causing the siphoning effect?

Anyway, the water pump worked fine. I ran water in the kitchen sink and the bathroom sink and I heard the pump come on each time and the water flowed with good pressure.

Thanks in advance your very good and wise answers to my questions.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #2

I found the fresh water tank drain. It's about in the middle of the bedroom slide next to the frame. Couldn't find it before because the slide was out
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3008w, drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank, windjammer