Old 05-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
2016 8329ss

Just popping in to say hello (already stopped by the welcome forum). Wife and I have put a deposit on a new 8329SS and I am sure I will be back this way often with questions and such. I am quite new to this and know little about the overall rv'ing experience.

Obviously any heads-ups about this model, or anything similar, will be appreciated. Also, for those of you who pull these fairly sizeable trailers, what is your set-up (rig, hitch, etc.)? One of the things I need to learn more about (not having trailered in a long time or anything of this size) is the actual towing experience. I have owned smaller and mid-size units in the distant past but not this size so any pointers on towing will also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks gang and will be chatting often I would guess.

Mike from southeastern Michigan.

mikemc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
Here are some threads good for reading on your model.....and welcome..

2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Just picked up our new unit a few weeks ago and we love it so far. Follow the advice and read the threads. Make sure you see how the trifold sofa opens and closes to make sure it is locked in position when it is closed. Also, make sure that the recliners are secured well during travel as there is little clearance for the slide out to open if they have moved during transit...don't ask me how I know! We are towing with the Andersen Weight Distribution hitch and it tows well. Take a DVD with you and play it during the PDI to make sure that the unit works. There have been some issues with older IRV66 radios. Lastly, don't get the backup camera that the dealer has if you get one. Do some research here first as you can always add it on later. There are two Furrion models and the lower priced unit only works for backing up and seeing behind me you while traveling on the road. You will enjoy your RV and it's layout!
2015 Rockwood 8329SS TT
2004 Chevy 2500HD D/A 4X4 CC SB
Andersen Weight Distribution hitch
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote