Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 PM   #1
2016 camping season, only problem is with Minder Research TPMS sensors.

First trip out this past week. I winterized myself last year and no issue firing everything back up. 4 nights in two campgrounds in the North Texas area. Only problem is two of my tire sensors for my TireMinder TPMS have crapped out. New batteries and seals that they sent me and they worked the first day and now two of them show noS (for no signal). I moved all four to my pickup so I would have them here at the house to work on. I swapped batteries with the two working sensors to be sure they did not send me bad batteries to no avail. Per the book I tried a auto search which did not help.

Anyone else running Minder Research TM66 TPMS experienced this?

Let the camping begin........

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #2

Sorry to say I have had nothing but problems with the Tireminders. The company was very responsive when on my second trip I couldn't get the unit to reconnect after removing the tow vehicle. They overnighted a new unit to the campground, and I was able to get it going. However, the last trip last year, the unit wouldn't update after the initial reading. I tried clearing everything this spring and tried again, but the unit acted about like you are describing. Two of the sensors seemed to work, but I could never get it to recognize the other two, and finally it got into a state that I couldn't get to do anything. It was well out of warranty, so I just gave up on it. I still have the sensors. I have an infrared thermometer, so I just check the temps every time I stop, which is about every rest stop. I'd feel better with a TPMS, but not willing to risk another $300 for another system. The people at Tireminder were very nice, and may have been responsive, even though the unit was out of warranty, but I was just tired of fooling with it. One big problem was the poor useability of it. I am a retired engineer, and my son, a programmer, and we would both be wandering around from the truck to the camper with books in hand, trying to figure out how to make it work. There didn't seem to be any way to completely reboot and clear everything out.

2010 Rockwood 8280WS Fifth Wheel
2013 F350 Crew Cab SRW, Standard Bed PS Diesel
Reese Airborne Pin Box, Reese 16K Manual Slider
Camped 28 Days in 2012, 23 Days in 2013, 29 Days in 2014, 30 Days in 2015, 9 Days in 2016
MikeInRaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #3

Sorry you had so many problems. Through process of elimination I proved mine to be a sensor issue. I ordered a couple more sensors and replaced the one not working. The process to get the system to recognize the new one was fairly straight forward. Problem solved!

I get a lot of comfort from getting quick feed back on tire pressure and temp changes. Of course it also helps that I am now running better quality tires that do not leak.

Again, sorry you had so many problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote