Old 05-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #1

2016 Rockwood 2703WS Update

Hello,

When the DW and I were first shopping for TT's I poured through forums and YOUTUBE in an attempt to gather every bit of information I could to try and make an informed decision. What I found most helpful were the posts from new owners who presented their experiences with their new trailers. We have now had three camping trips in our new trailer and so far here are the things I have found and what I have "upgraded" mostly based on what I have read on this forum.

1. The door on our TT would open while in travel. The door frame was very slightly bowed so, based on a thread on this forum, I saw that it was a known issue and simply shimmed out the latch pocket and now use the bolt and travel with the hand rail in front of the door.

2. The shower head stinks. Based on recommendations I upgraded to Oxygenics.

3. Our refer vent had what appeared to be a lack of sealant in the top vent. Following a warning on this forum I caulked the suspicious location.

4. I have an Equilizer WDH and it was NOISY. Purchased the sway bar pads and a bit of grease based on forum threads and problem solved.

5. I had a bit of an odor in the bathroom and could not find where it came from, based on a thread here I put a bit of water in the shower trap and put the plug in (I actually DID wonder why FR provided that plug). Problem solved.

6. A small wooden panel at the bottom of the cabinet right to the left of the door keeps popping out. I will glue and screw that.

7. The carpet on the large slide by the sink had staples popping out that would stab your foot. Hammer them flat.

All in all our experience to date has been VERY comfortable and I credit MUCH of that comfort to the people and threads on this forum. EVERY single question I have is either already answered here or will be answered quickly. The 2703WS has been a very solid unit so far with all major systems functioning exactly as designed. We are VERY happy campers!!

Thank you all for your patience with "newbies" like me.

Marty

Old 05-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
5. I had a bit of an odor in the bathroom and could not find where it came from, based on a thread here I put a bit of water in the shower trap and put the plug in (I actually DID wonder why FR provided that plug). Problem solved.
Not sure about yours, but my shower drains directly into the black water holding tank rather than the grey water tank. Since the shower sits unused for long periods of time, if the trap water evaporates, this can be a source of bad odor.

2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
Not sure about yours, but my shower drains directly into the black water holding tank rather than the grey water tank. Since the shower sits unused for long periods of time, if the trap water evaporates, this can be a source of bad odor.
I will have to double check that but I am pretty sure that ours drains to the grey just from observing tank levels during our very few outings. I could be wrong though so I will pay closer attention.

Thanks.

Marty
Old 05-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #4

Grey tank level

Do you find that your grey tank level reaches full prior to it being full? The fan on the refrigerator seems loud too but that may be that our previous RV's did not have a reefer fan in them.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsm4 View Post
Do you find that your grey tank level reaches full prior to it being full? The fan on the refrigerator seems loud too but that may be that our previous RV's did not have a reefer fan in them.
Nope. The indicators seem to work just fine. As for the refer fan it purrs nicely, not noisy at all.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:24 PM   #6

I did notice the top third of the grey tank was the largest third. Filled to 2/3 quicker than expected, then had more room than expected to full.

Also I threw away the cheap plastic paper towel holder and installed a nicer matching stainless holder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	110738  

Tags
rockwood