Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #21

The salesperson told me today that it is what it is...no bedroom drawers..If you can find an early model pre Oct w/slide on curb side,your good...We went with the 8299bs, plenty of room for us....Thanks guys and happy camping.....Dave
paverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:58 PM   #22
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by paverdave View Post
The salesperson told me today that it is what it is...no bedroom drawers..If you can find an early model pre Oct w/slide on curb side,your good...We went with the 8299bs, plenty of room for us....Thanks guys and happy camping.....Dave

Congrats on your decision Dave...and happy camping to you you as well! When do you anticipate taking delivery?
Old 01-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #23

WFD.....Ordered through RVWholesalers, 6 to 8 wks. Got a question for you on our order...We upgraded the living room AC to 15k and no bedroom AC, instead we got a Maxxair fan in bedroom..Question: Should we get the 50 AMP service with 2nd AC prep only ($250.00) if not having 2nd AC in bedroom?? Thanks...Dave..
paverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #24

I think the only reason to upgrade to 50 is having a second AC. I'm in Northern Mi and have upgrades the salon to a 15k with nothing up stairs and 30 amp. No issues but overall cooler here
markspm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #25
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
WFD.....Ordered through RVWholesalers, 6 to 8 wks. Got a question for you on our order...We upgraded the living room AC to 15k and no bedroom AC, instead we got a Maxxair fan in bedroom..Question: Should we get the 50 AMP service with 2nd AC prep only ($250.00) if not having 2nd AC in bedroom?? Thanks...Dave..
See my reply to you in your other thread.
You are really going to like this 5th wheel.
We LOVE ours!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:28 PM   #26

Quote:
I'm thinking this is the same questions asked in another post I just read, so I'm assuming you are going for the 50 amp upgrade. If you can afford it, get the second ac unit. With the 50 amp and the second ac, you'll never have to worry about power problems again, and you'll always be cool no matter where you go. As far as the drawer thing, I've never paid much attention to how many drawers are in our bedroom; my wife always does the packing so never thought about it. Haven't heard my wife complain yet, and there's always tons of room for clothes, but ours is a 2015 so may be a little different. The new pantry- are they talking about it being on the left side of the fridge? Ours is at the end of the counter under the microwave, and it's plenty good for us. Some of the models we looked at didn't have this pantry, and it was a deal breaker for my wife. Luckily we got the one that did have it. No matter what, you're going to love this RV. Keep asking your questions!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #27
WFD

Quote:
Dave...its really a matter of personal preference...where I live we get by fine with 30 amp and upgraded 15k btu a/c...but I see you are in Nevada and your summers can be hot to say the least, so in your case the 2 a/c's may be wise.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:39 PM   #28
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
I'm thinking this is the same questions asked in another post I just read, so I'm assuming you are going for the 50 amp upgrade. If you can afford it, get the second ac unit. With the 50 amp and the second ac, you'll never have to worry about power problems again, and you'll always be cool no matter where you go. As far as the drawer thing, I've never paid much attention to how many drawers are in our bedroom; my wife always does the packing so never thought about it. Haven't heard my wife complain yet, and there's always tons of room for clothes, but ours is a 2015 so may be a little different. The new pantry- are they talking about it being on the left side of the fridge? Ours is at the end of the counter under the microwave, and it's plenty good for us. Some of the models we looked at didn't have this pantry, and it was a deal breaker for my wife. Luckily we got the one that did have it. No matter what, you're going to love this RV. Keep asking your questions!
The pantry in the new ones is nothing like any pantry the other 8289's have had...this one is left of the fridge, full pantry floor to ceiling. Thats why the sofa is shorter. In doing the pantry there is no longer a counter next to stove top and micro wave is now above stove. Although I would welcome the pantry I would not want the shorter sofa, nor would I want to counter top next to stove. There is also no longer a storage area above the sofa.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
We have been looking at the 8289WS as a possible next camper for us. Unfortunately, they didn't have one at the Toronto RV Show when we visited yesterday but I was able to see a few other Rockwood Signature UL 5ers.

I have to say I think they've taken a step backwards except for the trend towards the bed slides that add a lot of space in the bedroom. We don't care for either of the new wood tones and the tile look floor we like so much on our current trailer doesn't look nearly as nice in the 2017 models. Both the tile look and the wood look floors have no dimensional effect. The backs of the chairs that come with the free standing dinette don't look very strong. I'm not a fan of the new soft close drawers - they're very stiff to open. And, it could be just the dealers that were there (both Rockwood and Flagstaff) but several cabinet doors were mounted crooked in their units.

I agree with others that the changes to the 2017 8289WS are more negative than positive. You get the big new pantry in the kitchen but it's really not needed and it resulted in shortening the length of the sofa. By moving the wardrobe slide to the back wall, which should be a positive, they positioned it further back, into the bathroom and deleted the nice linen closet when they relocated the vanity.

Looking at other manufacturers at the show, we really liked the similar floorplan in the Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28SGS. Much nicer wood tones and their "Cashmere" interior colour scheme is fantastic. Quality seemed to be a bit better than the Rockwoods. We also liked a lot of the design features in the Grand Design Refection models like the deep drawers (every drawer), the big docking station and the aluminum entry steps (which the Cougar also has).
We also like the Grand Design Solitiude 360. The new More Ryde one peice steps are included with new orders.

We could have a 8289 WS Diamond that could be for sale. Dark trim, large linen and longer couch!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #30

I recommend 50amp and two a/c. We are in Florida and with one 15k (30amp) is not enough for the all unit. In summer nights, we have to close some of the vents in the living room to get more air flow in the bedroom. Since we have 30amp, we have no option to install a second a/c. About our 8289WS, we have a 2015 and we love it. We have the signature with diamond package like tdst51 but 30amp.
Enjoy it!
Hman0109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
The pantry in the new ones is nothing like any pantry the other 8289's have had...this one is left of the fridge, full pantry floor to ceiling. Thats why the sofa is shorter. In doing the pantry there is no longer a counter next to stove top and micro wave is now above stove. Although I would welcome the pantry I would not want the shorter sofa, nor would I want to counter top next to stove. There is also no longer a storage area above the sofa.
Yeah, for us it would be giving up too much to lose the top storage and end up with a shorter couch. How short can you go?
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:07 PM   #32
yal

I put a deposit also on a 2015 8289ws and looking for new truck...I'm interested in a 2017 Ford F250 Lariat. I'm a bit concern, from what I'm reading online regarding the height of the new F250. Is there anyone with the same truck and trailer combo that could give me pointers? Would anyone have the height of the trailer from the ground to the underside of the 5th wheel overhang when it's sitting level

Ty
yal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood