Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #1

2018 Rockwood 8289WS

Just “ordered” a 2018 Rockwood 8289WS to replace our 2005 1/2 Titanium 25E30DS. I say ordered as the dealer had one on order for the local RV show and just confirmed that it had not been built as of yet and Fleetwood has accepted the changes (colour) and option we wanted. We chose this particular make/model due to it was the only unit that the wife and I agreed on almost everything that we each wanted in our next 5th wheel.

Just wanted to thank those on this forum for all the great info as I have been lurking in the background for some time now.

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #2

Wow! Small world! Last spring we picked up our 2017 8289WS to replace our 2005 Titanium 25E30DS! What are the odds?

We really love the 8289WS floorplan, I think you'll enjoy it as well.

That 25E30DS was an unusual Titanium. They only made them for about a year. Out of curiosity, did you have any leaks in yours?
stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #3

Yes we got ours last July. The rear living room double slide gives it an open feeling. We just hauled it 1600 miles to Florida with no problems. Only one issue to mention though is the membrane control panel gave me an issue freezeing when extending one of the slides. And in the middle of the night one of the slide motors engaged on it's own. Both cases shut the control panel off and restarted it. FR has been notified of this for their records. Happy rving
Rivasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post
Wow! Small world! Last spring we picked up our 2017 8289WS to replace our 2005 Titanium 25E30DS! What are the odds?

We really love the 8289WS floorplan, I think you'll enjoy it as well.

That 25E30DS was an unusual Titanium. They only made them for about a year. Out of curiosity, did you have any leaks in yours?
LOL. No leaks, the unit was almost trouble free, had to replace slide seals and a few minor items but that was it, well raccoons got into it a couple of years ago, but that was not the trailer fault.

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood