Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #21

Overall we like our unit. We bought it in April. Our former trailer was a 2006 Nash 26X with the same floorplan, minus the bedroom slide. We have had issues:
1. Paint chips on front cap, of course this gets worse with each trip( already scheduled appt with dealer to repaint)
2. Converter went bad and was replaced. Smelled thick smoke during normal operation.
3.Currently have noise when extending front slide. Something is rubbing on the teeth of the ram.
4. Rear slide wasn't coming in straight- fixed on warranty
Also crappy water pressure in shower and kitchen. Have come to find out that this is fixable with after market purchases. Also working on ways to mitigate the bounciness when set up. Seems that this is inherent in an ultra lite of this length.
Mostly these are minor fixable issues. We recently spent a month at a nearby rv park and overall loved the trailer. Heading to Arizona for 4 months after Thanksgiving. By the way the hangers stay on the closet bar if the closet is full.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #22
Canoeing and camping fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaumeister View Post
Love the idea of using the garden hose to drain the kitchen gray water, any chance you could provide a photo? Not sure how to tied it into the main sewer line. Thanks.

FR 2019 Flagstaff 26FKBS, 2500, 2006 silverado. seven trips this year and more to come
I don't know how to do a photo however what I referenced is in the post titled "sewer hose connection" by swampdonkey772. Picture is in post four hope this helps.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaminaround View Post
Overall we like our unit. We bought it in April. Our former trailer was a 2006 Nash 26X with the same floorplan, minus the bedroom slide. We have had issues:
1. Paint chips on front cap, of course this gets worse with each trip( already scheduled appt with dealer to repaint)
2. Converter went bad and was replaced. Smelled thick smoke during normal operation.
3.Currently have noise when extending front slide. Something is rubbing on the teeth of the ram.
4. Rear slide wasn't coming in straight- fixed on warranty
Also crappy water pressure in shower and kitchen. Have come to find out that this is fixable with after market purchases. Also working on ways to mitigate the bounciness when set up. Seems that this is inherent in an ultra lite of this length.
Mostly these are minor fixable issues. We recently spent a month at a nearby rv park and overall loved the trailer. Heading to Arizona for 4 months after Thanksgiving. By the way the hangers stay on the closet bar if the closet is full.

What aftermarket purchase did you make to fix the kitchen sink low flow. I tried removing the screen to check for debris but I am having a hard time figuring how it comes out. Since I have another trip planned for next week I don’t want to make it unusable just yet. Thanks,
Old 09-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchdog View Post
What aftermarket purchase did you make to fix the kitchen sink low flow. I tried removing the screen to check for debris but I am having a hard time figuring how it comes out. Since I have another trip planned for next week I don’t want to make it unusable just yet. Thanks,
New faucet from Home Depot. I even drilled out the holes to increase flow on the factory faucet to no avail. I actually had the dealer replace the faucet and the repair invoice said “ replaced and tested. Works as designed.” That’s when I knew it wasn’t gonna get better.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahron3 View Post
We pull ours with a 2017 Ram 2500 6.4 273 gears!
Nice setup probably don't even know it's back there,
Faster1eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
I followed the advice on this video and improved my 2019 AC performance.

Great video, I’ll be checking out my air conditioner for sure.
Jamesr7332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:45 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaminaround View Post
New faucet from Home Depot. I even drilled out the holes to increase flow on the factory faucet to no avail. I actually had the dealer replace the faucet and the repair invoice said “ replaced and tested. Works as designed.” That’s when I knew it wasn’t gonna get better.
Thanks. My isn’t to the point that I would consider replacing the entire faucet but if I could find a replacement sprayer head I would do so. It’s just a little bit slow to fill the coffee pot. When we use the spray feature of the faucet it has good flow and pressure which makes washing the dishes easy. And when we are dry camping we limit the water use for doing dishes. Shower and bath sink are fine.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #28
Canoeing and camping fun

Sewer odor gone

Replaced the air admittance valve under the bathroom sink and no more sewer odor. It was a good test camping this past weekend needed the furnace two nights and it got in the 80's one day. Stayed at Moose Hillock Camping Resort in Lake George, N Y nice large sites with trees between them. It was our second time there this year really nice place.We

Thanks for the tip on turning the hangers backwards none of them came off the rod this trip.

Came up with a storage idea for the cupboard next to the microwave, purchased a set of three metal shelving piece with legs. Keep all the food storage bags, aluminum foil under the rack. On top of the rack I have a folding cloth tube that holds the Rubbermaid storage, microwave bacon tray and reheating dish cover. No more issue with items falling out of the cupboard when I open the door. The other two shelving units are in the pantry.
Plastic crayon storage boxes from Wal-Mart at $1 each are a great way to store small items such as phone and fitbit charging cables, small batteries, fuses, home made sewing kit etc.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaumeister View Post
Love the idea of using the garden hose to drain the kitchen gray water, any chance you could provide a photo? Not sure how to tied it into the main sewer line. Thanks.

FR 2019 Flagstaff 26FKBS, 2500, 2006 silverado. seven trips this year and more to come

Take a look at the Sewer Solution setup. You can buy only the "pump". The pump is designed to connect to a 3/4" hose. You can buy one, cut off one end and slide it onto the pump...
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
Looking at that truck for a upgrade how do you like it with your 2608BS ... do you pull in the mountains ... mpg 9-11 ?? whats you payload # Thanks for any feedback ... Frank
We do most of our travels in the Adirondacks! slows down on some climbs but still has plenty of power! We are heading south with it this winter to give it a real test
Noahron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:31 AM   #31

To all you 2608 owners: Has anyone installed a progressive hardwire EMS? If so where did you install it. Recently purchased one and waiting on it to arrive.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #32

I installed the Progressive hardwire EMS (50 amp version with remote display). I pulled the breaker panel and installed it behind the panel.

Go to Lowes/Home Depot and get about 4 feet of 6/3 cable.

Unscrew and remove the shore power cable from the RV breaker panel and install it in the shore power side of the EMS

Use the section of cable from Lowes to complete the connection from the EMS to the panel

This does 2 things, gives you enough slack to work in front of the panel versus through the hole and also avoids cutting the factory cable. If you reach in there and cut the cable, it would be very challenging to make the connections in my opinion.

If you run off a generator, do yourself a favor and buy this:
Southwire Company LLC 44400 Surge Guard Generator Neutral https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F4R7BDL..._LMaJDbFT1MMB9

Plug it into the generator 110 port and it will bond the neutral to ground so your EMS will not throw an open ground fault (and therefore you do not need to bypass the EMS when running on gen power).

Hope that helps!

Trailer upgrades (just getting started!):
Progressive EMS HW50C, Anderson levelers/stab blocks
mduck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:53 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduck93 View Post
I installed the Progressive hardwire EMS (50 amp version with remote display). I pulled the breaker panel and installed it behind the panel.

Go to Lowes/Home Depot and get about 4 feet of 6/3 cable.

Unscrew and remove the shore power cable from the RV breaker panel and install it in the shore power side of the EMS

Use the section of cable from Lowes to complete the connection from the EMS to the panel

This does 2 things, gives you enough slack to work in front of the panel versus through the hole and also avoids cutting the factory cable. If you reach in there and cut the cable, it would be very challenging to make the connections in my opinion.

If you run off a generator, do yourself a favor and buy this:
Southwire Company LLC 44400 Surge Guard Generator Neutral https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F4R7BDL..._LMaJDbFT1MMB9

Plug it into the generator 110 port and it will bond the neutral to ground so your EMS will not throw an open ground fault (and therefore you do not need to bypass the EMS when running on gen power).

Hope that helps!
Yes it does. Thank you very much!
Old 09-30-2019, 08:01 PM   #34

We supported the center of the clothes hanger rod with a 1x2 and no more clothes falling off.
Installed a bedroom tv and new toilet, Great Camper (so far) with no issues. Getting ready to go to Cades Cove in a couple of weeks and do some boondocking
LittleWagonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:15 PM   #35

Hello owned the 2608bs since June! Love it! A few minor fit and finish things (awning lose on end, door won’t latch, latch on sliding closet doors) 1/2 way they 5000 mile trip only real problem is the black tank sensors shows 2/3 full after dumping and rinsing repeatedly! I’ve tried several different black tank additives! Like happy camper best no smell at all! I dump after about 4 days and add water then via spray jets! But no luck gonna replace the toilet when I’m back home will look for issues! Other then that it’s been fantastic! It’s been 5 weeks and love it!
PepnRae93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #36

Closet Rod Problems!

I solved the problem in my Flagstaff equivalent by removing the factory rod and replacing it with 3/4" galvanized water pipe....now solid as a rock. Also bought these hangers (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lynx-Stay...waAoUJEALw_wcB). These hangers clip on the rod with an interference fit and won't bounce off of the rod.
SuperSonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster1eddie View Post
Was also wondering what your tow vehicle is. Thank you
Love our 2608. TV is F150 with HD Payload Package
TheGrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:56 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchdog View Post
We took delivery of our 2608BS in July and have had it out four times with great results from all systems in the trailer.

First trip was three nights at a local RV full hookup park, second was four nights at a local (60 minute drive) state park without hook up's, third was four nights 90 minutes up the road at a Federal campground without hookups and lastly we just returned home from an 800 mile cross state trip to another state park with full hookups.

Both non hookup trips were made with a full 60 gallon water tank which is located behind the rear axle on the 2608. Both times I was on 60 mph two lane highways and while I did experience a little bit of tail wiggle I didn't have any sway at all although neither trip was windy. TV specs below in my sig.

We used both the A/C and the furnace at times and both functioned as expected. Also used just the fireplace for light heating needs and that too worked great. All kitchen appliances worked fine, using both propane and ac at different times. Bath fixtures worked great and appreciated the shower miser when we were dry camping.

We added a 3" topper to the granite like mattress and the bed was just as or possibly more comfortable than home. Storage needs were met with lots of room to spare which will be be helpful as we have longer trips planned or next year. The theater seats are very comfortable and the entertainment system worked fine for the couple of movies we watched.

All outside systems worked fine, dumps are located perfectly but I only dumped with the slides in. Dumping with the slides out could be interesting due to the front dump located under the slide and the rear dump located in-between the two slides restricting access somewhat. I adapted my Weber Q grill to RV propane an that worked out perfectly. Power awning, power stabilizers and power jack all are great and after not having any of the three powered on my last trailer this is a real treat.

I'm sure we will find something that is not up to par such as the slow flow from the kitchen faucet (the spray part flows great) but to date we can't say often enough "well done" to Forest River.

Congratulations on your new trailer ! Hope all continues to go smoothly for you.
5.3 V8, 3:73 Rear, Tow Package

JKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #39

So I have question for you all, The fridge takes a long time to cool (this is my first brown camper) Has anyone added vent fans or fans in the box to add efficiency? Also who has upgraded the staliblizer jacks, and to what?
Thanks for your input
P_Talley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Talley View Post
So I have question for you all, The fridge takes a long time to cool (this is my first brown camper) Has anyone added vent fans or fans in the box to add efficiency? Also who has upgraded the staliblizer jacks, and to what?
Thanks for your input
If you have a RV fridge, it's an absorption fridge. So it takes longer to cool, than a residential fridge.
Most of us turn it on the night before leaving so it will be cold in the morning.
Using it on propane, usually cools faster than on electric.
Not sure what you mean by "my first brown camper"?[emoji848]
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood