Old 08-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #1

2109s floor feels a little soft by the door.

It could just be my imagination, but the floor section by the door and in front of the fridge feels like it has little give in it. Nothing major, but wondering if anyone has had an issue with their floor and how we would go about checking it. Wondering if a screw or two has come a little loose. It is a 2013 and we have towed it a lot! 35,000 kms and 139 days camping!
Thanks, Lynda

PS we love her, she is perfect for us, just hope she is ok!

Old 09-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #2

Hi, We have a 2014 2604ws with the same problem but in front to the stove and sink. I just noticed it this year. Wonder if the floor joists are a problem. I'm not sure what to do either. Hopefully someone can help us out.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #3

We have the same issue with our '15 21fbrs in front of the sink. We have had the dealer check it numerous times. I am a bigger guy, but the floor seems soft in that spot.

If work hadn't interfered, we would have it looked at during the Rally in Goshen. We wonder if it will affect our resale value now that we are looking to upgrade
Old 09-01-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

You have the "Laminated Styrofoam Floor System" just like all the other Rockwoods and Flagstaff units! There is no Easy way to repair! Last month the Factory started to use 5/8 plywood on the Larger units but Not on the Mimis Yet! Youroo!!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:54 AM   #5

I had heard the new Minilites did go to the 5/8" plywood as well but I am not sure if that is accurate.

I will be watching ours for soft spots as time goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 02:11 PM   #6

I have a 2013 2109s and with the same issue, I think. I do not notice it when I am set up with the stabilization in place. I only notice it when on the road and stop for lunch at a rest stop.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #7

Sounds more like a design flaw than damage. Will keep an eye out for it.
Thanks, Lynda
Old 09-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #8

Me Too!

We have a 2012, 2109S with the same spongy floor issue. I'm sure it is caused by a deterioration of the styrofoam core. The 3/16" luan ply bonded to the foam core simply is inadequate for use as a walkable surface. Too much constant flexing is bound to cause problems. This is the only serious issue I have found in the five seasons we have used the trailer. That said, if I had known the floor was constructed this way I would not have purchased this trailer. I certainly would not buy another with anything less than a full 1/2" ply top skin. And then only if it was properly supported underneath.
On the bright side, I have determined that it will be fairly easy to lay down 3/8" ply over the the walkable areas and reinforce the support underneath.
It is a shame though. I think a hundred bucks for proper plywood, resulting in maybe another hundred pounds of trailer weight would have made this a non-issue.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #9

You could also consider laminate flooring. Engineered laminate has quite a bit of strength in thicknesses even lesser than 3/8".

I love our 2109. I hope it lasts us another 8-10 years. I may even lay laminate down sooner to disperse the weight load before it becomes spongy.

Tags
210, 2109s, door