Old 04-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
2109s manual slide out operation

I have a 2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109s. I would like to know what the procedure is for getting your slide out in manually? I have not had any problems just want to be prepared. Walk through at the dealer it wasn't mentioned and I never thought to ask.

uppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Opposite the slide out should be a hole in the siding (about the size of a quarter). You should have recieved an extra "crank" rod (looks different then those for stabilizers) - this goes in the hole to "crank" in your slide manually. If u have a small slide (i.e. wardrode size) you will need to disconnect power first and then you can push it in manually. All of this should be in the owners manual you got with the trailer. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app

lbrunsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Make sure you carry a few extra fuses with you as I had mine go out in the middle of a trip, couldn't get the slide in at that point. Took a while to find where the fuse is and then another while to find a gas station that had some.
2013 Mini Lite 2109s
2006 F150 STX 4x4
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
manually slide ops

I have a 2109s mini lite. The slide is operated from inside the trailer. On the right side under the couch, that is where the manual hex head drive bolt is. Use the crank handle you got with the trailer. When it is inserted, it turns easy, and the slide will come in or go out. The fuse for it is up under the "A" frame, near the battery. I think it is a 30 amp, but not sure.
robert elling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
You may want to check your slide motor mounting screws frequently as the slide motor screws pulled completely out of the wall during our Alaska trip last summer. The motor produces considerable torque, but was just screwed into the composite wall, not into an aluminum structural element. I first glued it on with Gorilla glue on the screw threads, but that lasted only a short time. In the Yukon, I designed and built a cradle from two pieces of 1" x 4" fir. I drilled holes and screwed the motor to one piece using the original lag screws. I cut a semicircle out of the top of the other 1x4, rested the cylindrical end of the motor in it, and held it in the cradle with perforated metal strapping that I had used as a new hanger for my black water pipe when it broke loose from the trailer frame. I then screwed both pieces of wood to the floor with small steel angles. It worked perfectly during the rest of the Alaska trip, even over rough roads, and I have had to do nothing more to it since.

New: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
2015 Ram 2500 CC-SB 6.7L Cummins turbodiesel 4x4
Sold: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote

210, 2109s, manual, slide, slide out