Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #1

2109S Shower Question

Has any owner of a 2109S done a mod similar to the "shower extender"?

I love the trailer, but the shower really does need a little more room for me.

Thanks in advance
binarkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #2

I'm 6'4" and my head sticks up into the skylight. But I manage ok. I have been thinking of maybe installing an enclosure and getting rid of the curtain. Hadn't though of extender but you got me thinking now. That's dangerous.
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:25 AM   #3

Have a 2012 MY, hadn't thought of the shower extender? No issues got use to the shower by now.
10Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
I'm 6'4" and my head sticks up into the skylight. But I manage ok. I have been thinking of maybe installing an enclosure and getting rid of the curtain. Hadn't though of extender but you got me thinking now. That's dangerous.

Keep thinking, maybe something easy and functional will come to mind. Thanks for the reply.

BB
Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Have a 2012 MY, hadn't thought of the shower extender? No issues got use to the shower by now.

I am, more or less, used to the small shower, but it would be very nice if there were just little more shoulder room for me.

Thanks for the reply.
BB
Old 06-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #6

The shower is definitely small but it works. I found that the curtain likes to creep in toward me which makes the area smaller and smaller until you're pinned into the corner. We doubled up the curtain which seemed to help the curtain from sucking in toward your body.

Now only is we could up the 30 gallon gray water capacity. It seems that 2 people showering 3 times and it's getting close to full. And that's a military type shower, water on and off.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
Has any owner of a 2109S done a mod similar to the "shower extender"?

I love the trailer, but the shower really does need a little more room for me.

Thanks in advance
Do a (Search) at the top, (Shower Rod Ext.) Many pop up! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:36 AM   #8

I'm ok with the shower, and I'm ok with the curtain. It's the others that use it seem to think they can just turn the water on like they are at home and the result is water on the floor. That why I was thinking about a solid enclosure but I think it's not worth the trouble. I just need to be better at training the grand kids and wife.

Enclosing it would add a couple of inches all the way around since you could put the walls at the outer edge of the shower.

Short of a complete revamp of toilet, I don't know any solution. I'm thinking of putting the toilet in the middle of the kitchen.
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #9

I don't like your toilet in the kitchen idea. How about this:

1. Remove toilet.
2. Install larger shower w/ glass enclosure. Remove sink while you are at it & use kitchen sink.
3. New Portable Toilet: Cut a hole in a bench, place 5 gal. bucket under. You might also add wheels and a rope pull to bench and bucket.
4. Move Portable Toilet to kitchen only when taking showers.
5. Happy, happy, happy!

Sorry for the hijack.
Henboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:31 PM   #10

My El Cheapo fix for the shower curtain was to put a long strip of velcro on the wall and curtain, near the sink and it stays put. Also small tabs of velcro midway down and at the bottom of shower wall and curtain on toilet side so that can be opened for easy entrance and exit. Sounds funky and laughable but it works and water stays in the shower unless you get unusually active.
clm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #11

Water running on wall drips between the floor and sink. So mad! We thought velcro would be a good mod and if we don't like the look, figure something else out. Thanks!
byronandmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #12

Have 21fbrs & tried the shower extender (both sizes) & neither one was of any help. Thinking of trying another piece of ceiling rail like what is up there now, just longer & mounted 2 to 3 inches outside of existing rail.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 2109s, show, shower