Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #1

2304 Rockwood should I order it

I have a 09 Chevy Traverse w/tow option looking at a 2304 with the murphy bed it seems to have the most room for a small trailer and large bathroom any pros or cons with this model, car is rated for 5200lbs would 800lb WD be OK

Happy Towing to all
Frank T
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Albuquerque, NM

Frank - in August we purchased a 2304 to replace our 2006 Rockwood 2104 - particularly for the bathroom design and the pantry. The 2104 had the small bathroom and no pantry. In my opinion, the 2304's bathroom design is one of the very best you can find in a smaller trailer - very roomy and lots of storage spaces. We were able to get our unit customized at the factory - no murphy bed, but rather a fixed queen with a pass-thru up front underneath, as I didn't like the limited exterior storage in the stock 2304. Finished out, our 2304 is about 3,750 lbs empty.

As far as your towing question, I pull ours with a 2004 Dodge Dakota Pickup - V8 & factory tow package - tow capacity is rated at 5,500 lbs, and I have had no problems & use an Equalizer hitch - and have the 1,000/10,000 lb sway bars for extra insurance. For any trailer & tow vehicle combination, ensure that you are well within the limits. From what you've written it sounds like you would be.
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #3

This might be the best way to travel in these times.

Thanks for the comeback Kath

It looks like I will be ordering the 2304 it looks like it should do just fine we don't really camp more like traveling and sight seeing, with the bed bug problem that we see in the news plus we have a small poodle so the hotels are limited where we can stay we think this is the best way to go

Regards
Frank
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #4

Frank, I think the bed bug 'problem' is simply the 'flavor of the day', someone wrote about it and all the news folks picked it up and ran with it!
I have stayed in thousands of rooms through the years and got bit once, and it was out of the country!
But we got a camper because all these resort towns kept making the 'season' longer and longer, screw them!
Happy camping!

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2304, rockwood