Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #1

2304s Shakedown!

We have been out for two weekends with our new toy. The first to a boondocking site (would have to be 95 degrees!) and the next to a full service site. So far, only a few small issues and the dealer is currently fixing. The sensor on the fresh water tank reads "full" all the time, the slide is rubbing and marking the floor one one side and the AC thermostat control is not functioning properly. Will not shut AC off when the trailer is cooled to set temp. Guess this is par for the course? All in all, we are very happy with the layout and functionality. We are in the process of wiring up the house with the proper #30 trailer plug and are making a connection for the macerator pump to our septic. One other thing I noted was that when first hooked up to city water, there was a leak from the water heater at the top. This stopped when I (a) turned off the water pump and (b) put the pressure regulator on the water hose. All went smoothly for the first sewer hookup and dumping, (kept the black closed 'till mostly full), greywater open until planning to dump when I let it fill to flush the sewer hose. (Would not have known about any of this without the forum, LOL!) It tows great with the weight distribution hitch and sway bar (no white knuckles) and I can hitch and unhitch it all by myself (and back it up!). Yay! That was a bit of a concern since I am the driver and hubby is legally blind (limited central vision). It is actually easier to back up than our old 13'. More outings planned for weekends when it comes back, and a 10 day trip in September.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #2

Good to hear all is going well
We just got back from our first shake down trip and have a few things to fix also on our 2503s
tugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags