Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #1

2305S mini lite U shaped dinette

How do you configure the cushions to fit when it is for sleeping. I cannot get figure out how they go.
nanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #2

I'm not quite sure you have the correct model number in your post, because the only model that includes the "U" shaped dinette that's close to your request would be the 2503s, which happens to be the unit we have on order. The two backs ( left and right ) go end to end to make one long one and the center back goes either on top of that or below it. Scour the web and you will eventually come across some pics! I hope this has been some hope for you. Please let me know how you like it!
Not_So_Mini-Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #3

Probably 2503s - we have the same big dinette in our 2304s. The center back cushion and the two small back cushions on the sides fill in the gap between the seats when the tabletop is lowered. The corner triangular cushions could be left in place for 1 sleeper, or removed. Guess they could be put uner the lowered tablr top.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #4

Sorry! I just took a brief look at Rockwood's floor plans and could tell really well if the 2304s was that way or not (I'm on my iPhone).
Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #5

2503s

We really like the model. It gives us the space of a larger TT because of the murphy bed. Be sure you completely go over the trailer when you pick up. We found a soft area under the shower enclosure right inside the door. We bought the TT out of state because the dealers near us were not sure when they would get one in. The drawback to that is , unlike car dealers, the RV dealers are not very helpfull if you have one for warranty repairs that you did not purchase from them. I thought that was the cofiguration but the short side pieces do not fit well you have to force them into place. Thanks for the input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_So_Mini-Lite View Post
I'm not quite sure you have the correct model number in your post, because the only model that includes the "U" shaped dinette that's close to your request would be the 2503s, which happens to be the unit we have on order. The two backs ( left and right ) go end to end to make one long one and the center back goes either on top of that or below it. Scour the web and you will eventually come across some pics! I hope this has been some hope for you. Please let me know how you like it!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #6

Believe me, I plan on doing a complete PDI before the unit rolls off the lot! Thanks for the heads up on the shower area! To be clear, is this the area inside the shower? Or the area just inside the entry door? Ours is due "Off Line" on the 11th of October, so we are planning on getting a lot of use out of it between then and the 30th. Then it gets put away;(
Old 09-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_So_Mini-Lite
Believe me, I plan on doing a complete PDI before the unit rolls off the lot! Thanks for the heads up on the shower area! To be clear, is this the area inside the shower? Or the area just inside the entry door? Ours is due "Off Line" on the 11th of October, so we are planning on getting a lot of use out of it between then and the 30th. Then it gets put away;(
Just inside the shower door Under the shower pan at the furnace vent. Why do you have to put it away after the 30th. Is it your location.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #8

We are located in Wayland Michigan. The weather towards the end of October, beginning of November is so back and forth. Freezing temps and what not. I tend to air on the side of caution. I don't want to run the risk of popping the water lines. If the weather seems to be holding, ill keep it out longer How about yourself?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #9

The 2503 is a great trailer, we love ours.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #10

The GF and I were seriously considering the 2503s, we decided and ordered the 2304s. The biggest factors for us were the enclosed underbelly and some of the new features that were only available on the Ultra Lites. How do you like the Kitchen in the 2503s? We have the newest brochure and DAMN, did they ever add a lot of new stuff to the 2013's. Even the roofs are changed. More arched now.

We are very much looking forward to next season. Rockwoods seem to be one of the best values for the money.
Wpgrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #11

We haven't taken delivery of ours yet. We liked the lay out and for the deal we got, we couldn't pass it up!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #12

We love the kitchen in our 2503, not much to not like about it a few minor problems with the microwave.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #13

Considering a 2304s

We have been looking at the 2304s for a while as an upgrade from an older popup but are unsure of the function of the dinette/bed. If you have one, how comfortable does the dinette bed end up with all the cushion seams? Has anyone used an air mattress or topper? We have a couple of 20 something daughters that some times camp with us. Sometimes one, sometimes both at the same time.
WY Husker Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #14

2 in the dinette bed would be a tight squeeze! Have not tried for comfort as our trailer is really just for the 2 of us. its a perfect "couples" trailer.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #15

2 small children but I wouldn't want to try and sleep on our dinette bed. Our trailer only sleeps two that is what I tell our kids....lol
Old 12-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #16

Not-So-Mini-Lite: I just had a 2013, 2503S that I ordered delivered to the dealership and will pick up 20 Dec after my return from Afghanistan. I also appreciate the tip on the shower and will definitely check out. I noticed you picked one up a 2503S in October and was just wondering if all was OK and you're happy with the model. Appreciate any tips before picking mine up.
Broadway46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway46 View Post
Not-So-Mini-Lite: I just had a 2013, 2503S that I ordered delivered to the dealership and will pick up 20 Dec after my return from Afghanistan. I also appreciate the tip on the shower and will definitely check out. I noticed you picked one up a 2503S in October and was just wondering if all was OK and you're happy with the model. Appreciate any tips before picking mine up.
The only issue we had upon taking delivery, though its a biggie was that Rockwood did not include the Murphy bed mattress or bed spread, which we are still waiting on. The dealer was able the take a mattress out of another unit so it wasn't that big of a deal but just make sure you pick the bejesus out of your unit during your PDI. Our unit is currently in hibernation for the winter and already have a couple items for the dealer come spring. The awning doesn't roll up and stow properly all the time. It's like it doesn't roll up even. And two burners on the stove will not light automatically. These things are understandable being they are new and may need to be tweaked to get them just right. How they missed the bed cover during the factory final inspection is beyond me, although they were pumping them out during mid the late August for the huge show in Hersey. Other than that, we are still glad we made the decision to go with Rockwood and are in love with our Mini-Lite. I hope you have the same if not better experience that we did! On a side note, you had mentioned that you were in Afghanistan, was this for deployment?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WY Husker Fan View Post
We have been looking at the 2304s for a while as an upgrade from an older popup but are unsure of the function of the dinette/bed. If you have one, how comfortable does the dinette bed end up with all the cushion seams? Has anyone used an air mattress or topper? We have a couple of 20 something daughters that some times camp with us. Sometimes one, sometimes both at the same time.
We have a 2304S and the dinette/bed has been used several times. The 85" u dinette is quite large when it is converted to a bed. It is about queen size. We do have a 2 inch egg crate foam mat that we put over the cushions to cover the seams which makes for quite comfortable sleeping.
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #19

Thanks for the reply and info, I plan to make a thorough check list for the PDI. Hard to believe they forget your mattress and bed spread. No doubt that I'll be returning for warranty service, seems like most units have to work out some glitches. Look forward to picking up the trailer in 7 days and our maiden voyage is going to be from Fayetteville, NC to Fort Benning to visit wife's son and daughter-in-law. I return from Afghanistan 18 Dec. I retired US Army in 2000 and have been on the contractor tour ever since and returning this time after 3 1/2 years in Afghanistan. Looking forward to full retirement and traveling- that is if it doesn't drive me crazy. Thanks again for the info and tips.
Broadway46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags