Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #1

2306 Mini Lite

Just wanted to let everyone know that we picked our TT up end of July and camped pretty much the entire month of August. No problems to report and I just wanted to take a moment and thank our dealer. Craig at McKenzie RV Trailers in Gormley ON was wonderful to deal with after the PDI and demo the power cable was left behind. We hadn't realized it until after we were up north for ten days! Called Craig and he personally dropped it off, to our site even. And if there is anyone from the GTA out there, then they know the 400 is a mess at the best of times never mind a long weekend!!! Just wanted to say thank you, and let everyone know what a great product and customer service they deliver have delivered.

Looking forward to this weekend another trip.

Cheers
LarC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #2

2306 what a great little tt

We took delivery of our 2306 in January. We have been out with it 5 times already and have another trip planned for the end of this month. What a nice little TT. We enjoy it very much. We too had a great dealer. It’s nice to know that you can give them a call and there is help at the other end of the phone. That made a big difference for us as we are new to this. Our last trip was to Lake George with our two daughters and our granddaughter. Even though it was tight with 4 adults and 1 child, we created memories that will last a life time.
jomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarC View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that we picked our TT up end of July and camped pretty much the entire month of August. No problems to report and I just wanted to take a moment and thank our dealer. Craig at McKenzie RV Trailers in Gormley ON was wonderful to deal with after the PDI and demo the power cable was left behind. We hadn't realized it until after we were up north for ten days! Called Craig and he personally dropped it off, to our site even. And if there is anyone from the GTA out there, then they know the 400 is a mess at the best of times never mind a long weekend!!! Just wanted to say thank you, and let everyone know what a great product and customer service they deliver have delivered.

Looking forward to this weekend another trip.

Cheers
We also bought our 2306 from McKenzie RV and have not had any major issues as of yet (knock on wood). We have not had any dealings with McKenzie since our purchase so it is good to hear they came through for you when you needed. At time of purchase, we found that the financial manager Wayne(?) was a bit shady and tried to pull a couple of fast ones on us; I hope that these flaws were limited to himself and not a reflection of the integrity of the entire dealership.
Anyways, glad you are enjoying your 2306! It is a great little trailer!!

Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #4

We thought the same thing when he was asking about the warranties. We just bought the extended warranty 150.00 direct from forest river. We have enjoyed it very much this summer. It's nice to know that you haven't had any problems with yours also.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #5

early Sept 2012 we too bought our 2011 2306 from McKenzie RV in Gormley.
within the first week we experienced leaking and after calling our sales guy we insisted we bring it back right away. During the sales spiel he had insisted that the TT was “as tight as a drum”, and it had “clearly never leaked”…. When we brought it back he said "all trailers leak - its just something you need to deal with"!! WTF??? I couldn’t believe it.
We discussed the various leaking points and left the trailer there for a couple days so they could fix the issues. We went last night to pick it up and to our surprise they (1) didn’t address all the leak points and (2) presented us with a bill.
What it looks like happened what that our conversations on where it leaked didn’t make it onto the work-order so the service guy didn’t know about it to address it. We left the trailer there and the service guy indicated he would be addressing the issues today.
As for the bill, they discussed it and agreed that we shouldn’t be paying for this.

When ge bought it we too felt a little squirmy when they discussed the importance of the warranty, we didn’t do it.
LarC – you mentioned you got warranty direct from forest river for $150?? What year is your 2306 & how did you arrange this? McKenzie was trying to give us a deal at only $1,234!
Some of the individuals there are nice (we got a good feeling talking with the service guys, they do seem to care and understand). The sales folks seem like, well… sales folks…

2011 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab 4x4
2011 Mini Lite 2306
2 kids
2 dogs
... oh yeah, the wife too.
2306Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2306Rick View Post
LarC – you mentioned you got warranty direct from forest river for $150?? What year is your 2306 & how did you arrange this? McKenzie was trying to give us a deal at only $1,234!
Some of the individuals there are nice (we got a good feeling talking with the service guys, they do seem to care and understand). The sales folks seem like, well… sales folks…
The $150 2nd year warranty is offered by FR for new units. I doubt you bought your unit new since it was a 2011 but if you did then you should qualify. There are links here on this forum for the form. They say you have 10 days from purchase but there are people that get this extended. I have heard instances where the dealers don't even mention this 2nd year option in hopes of selling you a high priced extended warranty. Most people think it's in their best interests (not yours) to sell you an overpriced warranty where they earn an extra commission. Good luck with your water problems. Unfortunately, it sounds like they didn't check it well enough.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #7

2306rick you need your bill of sale because they will ask you for your model number and vin number from that they will already have your information. It should be done within ten days of purchase but they are pretty forgiving. Paid with a credit card over the phone, ask for the warranty department when you call. Hope this helps it adds an additional year to your warranty and for a hundred fifty bucks seems very reasonable. We love our unit hope once you get past this hump you will too.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #8

thanks folks,
our TT was used and sold to us as used. it wasn't a 2011 that was just sitting in the back lot. since it's used it sounds like we will not qualify for this $150 (very reasonable) additional year of coverage.
all resale trailers are sold without any insurance, i guess we could have paid the $1,234 (plus tax) that the dealership was offering but i figure it was way, way too steep.

2011 Mini Lite 2306
2 kids
2 dogs
Old 09-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2306Rick
thanks folks,
our TT was used and sold to us as used. it wasn't a 2011 that was just sitting in the back lot. since it's used it sounds like we will not qualify for this $150 (very reasonable) additional year of coverage.
all resale trailers are sold without any insurance, i guess we could have paid the $1,234 (plus tax) that the dealership was offering but i figure it was way, way too steep.
That is way too steep we didn't go for it either when we were picking up ours. As for the leak I would think that should be covered by good faith by them. Hope everything pans out

This forum is very good just post a question and someone will be able to answer it.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
(Kim)

Hope it goes well for you; I am curious to see how McKenzie handles it from here. As for the FR warranty, Wayne (finance guy) offered it to us for $350 plus HST , I told him ' no thanks, I can get it from FR direct for $150' He did not even bat an eyelash. He also tried to trick us out of $200 for a power jack. Luckily I had gone over the final numbers thoroughly, and saw where he had substituted a $200 administration fee for the $200 for the jack. The final numbers came out the same, but at pick-up it said we owed for the jack when really we didn't. It's amazing to what lengths one will go to try and finangle an extra couple of hundred out of their customers.

The guys in the garage doing all the work seemed helpful though, so hopefully you can deal mainly with them
Good-luck!
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #11

Hi folks,
Well, on Saturday we went to pick up our 2306 from McKenzie. I went in to get a service tech guy to go over what was done to address the leaking and barely got a nod from the sales person we bought it from (he was in the showroom drinking coffee and chatting with his fellow sales folks and didn’t even bother coming out to confirm we were being taken care of). As usual the service tech was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. He took the time to walk thru what he had done and answered all our questions.
Everything looks good but I guess the true test will be next time it rains.
We’re eagerly looking forward to trying it out for the first time the end of Sept!!
Counting the days,
Rick

2011 Mini Lite 2306
2 kids
2 dogs
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2306Rick
Hi folks,
Well, on Saturday we went to pick up our 2306 from McKenzie. I went in to get a service tech guy to go over what was done to address the leaking and barely got a nod from the sales person we bought it from (he was in the showroom drinking coffee and chatting with his fellow sales folks and didn’t even bother coming out to confirm we were being taken care of). As usual the service tech was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. He took the time to walk thru what he had done and answered all our questions.
Everything looks good but I guess the true test will be next time it rains.
We’re eagerly looking forward to trying it out for the first time the end of Sept!!
Counting the days,
Rick
Good to here the service guys were looking after you, if you really want to test though we're are going camping this weekend so it is pretty much a lock that it will rain!

Tags