Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #1

Wink 2306 Outlets near bed?

Today we put a deposit to hold a new 2014 2306. We love the features it has but we have one concern. When the murphy bed is down, the electrical outlets on the side of the end tables are right there by your head while sleeping. Has anyone had problems with this? I am concerned we will be hitting the plugs while asleep or turning over, fluffing pillow etc. Is this something we should be concerned about? Not sure why they would put them in this position but perhaps we are being picky. Thanks for any guidance on this!!!
gobblertales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobblertales View Post
Today we put a deposit to hold a new 2014 2306. We love the features it has but we have one concern. When the murphy bed is down, the electrical outlets on the side of the end tables are right there by your head while sleeping. Has anyone had problems with this? I am concerned we will be hitting the plugs while asleep or turning over, fluffing pillow etc. Is this something we should be concerned about? Not sure why they would put them in this position but perhaps we are being picky. Thanks for any guidance on this!!!

We use those outlets every night (noise machines) and have yet to encounter a problem. We do have a 4" memory foam on top (a must, in our opinion), so that might be a factor why no issues. Even if they were a problem, it wouldn't keep us from loving our 2306! 32 nights this year.
My guess on why they put them there is so they are usable with the bed in the up or down position... And the box is out of the way inside the storage compartments.
Good luck with the new "home"... Any other questions, just shoot.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #3

Thanks!

We will also use ours for a noise machine as well ;-) We are using a special mattress we purchased (for our current RV we are getting rid of, a KZ Sportsmen Classic) It is an 8" mattress we special ordered and helps with my disability (my husband and I are both disabled vets). The salesman will let us know tomorrow if the 8" mattress will work with the Murphy Bed but it sound like it will if you are using the mattress and a foam topper too! That is extra good news for us ! Makes sense what you told us and we really appreciate your writing so quickly ! I know we will have some additional questions eventually but this was a great help ! Thanks
Old 10-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #4

Kidco universal outlet covers.

Amazon.com: Kidco Universal Outlet Cover 3 Pack - White: Baby

Grandbabies, I have a bunch of them.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #5

Hello future new 2306 owner. We bought a 2013 at the end of the year. We have had no problem with the plugs there. I personally wouldn't have located them there, but I use the plug regularly and the bed will fold up and down with things plugged in. They are a little hard to plug things into when the bed is up but I did it by "feel". Never hit any body part on a plug that was plugged into the outlet.

We love our 2306 as we looked at several other models. As with anything there are weak links. The "pull handle" that allows the Murphy bed to be folded up always pulled hard. Told the wife " bet this will break". Sure enough, the 6th weekend out it did. (Handle pulled off the end of the cable) I'm going to modify the system with pulleys where the cable changes directions this next summer.
Netcomdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #6

Thanks to all!

We opted out of the 2306 from the one dealer and instead bought through the RV Wholesalers.com. We saved several thousand dollars and the new "baby" will be here next Wednesday ! Really looking forward to getting it and then will go about selling our old RV (well it is a 2012 KZ 190 so it is not that old). We should have gotten the 2036 first time around and avoided a lot of heartaches. But, that being said we are happy and excited and have to say we think folks on this forum are great! Thanks for the help!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #7

Congratulations. I'm only 1/4 season ahead of you. We looked at a lot of campers and the 2306 was a good fit for us. The "create a breeze" bathroom fan is wonderful. Wife liked the solid wood cabinet doors. Bed is comfortable but haven't tried the heated mattress option yet. Wife likes the oven. Just winterized it. Was easy to do. Off air TV antenna gets 30+ channels. A few minor problems but to be expected. We felt it was worth the money. Let me know when you start camping about your experiences. We can compare notes.
Netcomdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #8

I've never had a problem with things plugged into my outlets - my alarm clock/noise machine and kindle/phone charger. Neither of them are small plugs, and the mattress & sheets never hit them.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2306, bed