Old 07-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #1

2306 parts and winterizing

Need jack cranking handle, kind with slotted end. Any source?
Also, any easy way to access water pump to winterize? Can I just disconnect inlet side, attach hose and insert other end into rv antifreeze jug(will pump suck it out)?
Thank...Bill in Yankton, SD

Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Paul & Sheri

You might check with Forest River for the crank handel or try PPL RV on the net. You can call them to discuss what you need.

To winterize: You can buy a kit for maybe $20 at many suppliers that comes with a hose and valve. You cut the water hose between the tank and pump and install the valve with hose. The valve directs the flow either straight from the tank to the pump or isolates the tank and draws the anti freeze through the hose through the pump to each waterline as you open water faucets. (then leave the valve in that position for the winter) Don't forget to drain the tank. It's a 10 minute installation with a couple of clamps. With the water heater by-passed you'll use maybe 3 gallons of anti freeze.

2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mains View Post
Need jack cranking handle, kind with slotted end. Any source?
Also, any easy way to access water pump to winterize? Can I just disconnect inlet side, attach hose and insert other end into rv antifreeze jug(will pump suck it out)?
Thank...Bill in Yankton, SD
Bill... You can also check a local RV shop for winterization. I have a local repair center that will do it for $40. Yes... Much more than doing it yourself... But a little extra to know it was done right is worth it for me.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post

Bill... You can also check a local RV shop for winterization. I have a local repair center that will do it for $40. Yes... Much more than doing it yourself... But a little extra to know it was done right is worth it for me.
We don't have to winterized...but I agree. Most repair shops will winterize for about the same price it would cost you for time and materials